• +
  • Last »

Absence thread To let people know you'll be gone

#1 User is offline   Vizune Icon

• samurai piggy
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:08 PM

Hey. I've had an occasion or two where I found out that someone in one of my RPs was going to be away for a while.

It would seem helpful to have a common place to note aways when you know you won't be around a while. It would save some of the more avid roleplayers from posting about it in all of their roleplays.

#2 User is offline   Shaolang Icon

• "Don't worry. I'm a Doctor."
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Plain happiness.

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:19 PM

Hm, I think we had something like this some time ago, but I'm not so sure...

Anyway, I'm gonna pin it for a while and see how it goes, alright?

Thanks for suggesting it, Vizune!
Sekai wo Oini moriagerutame no Suzumiya Haruhi no Dan !!

There is no darkness without light; no sorrow without joy.

#3 User is offline   Vizune Icon

• samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:54 PM

Shaolang: Thanks.

Now as for why I started one... now that flood control's letting me post again.

MaximusAcaephas will probably either not be around or only around occasionally for an indeterminate amount of time. His antivirus software identified him having the Backdoor.Armageddon.20 virus. However, we were able to determine that it either is not that virus or that it's a new version of it.

I'm trying to find out what it might be, but he may be away until the virus is dealt with.

--Vizune

#4 User is offline   MoogleC Icon

• ~@~Kupah!~@~
  • Icon
  • Interests:Moogles

Posted 06 March 2003 - 10:00 PM

Good Call Vizune, kupo!

I will speak on the behalf of The_Puck1. He is going to be away, and unable to post as often in the Whispers of the Itaru thread untill April, or so.

#5 User is offline   fangirl4ever Icon

• Part time student, full time fangirl.
  • Icon
  • Interests:Judo , Webcomics , Anime , Manga , Hiking , fanfiction, Ancient history, Guitar, Sugar Cult, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Green Day, Tsunami Bomb, Velvet Revolver, The Sex Pistols, The Clash , The Ramones and baking.

Posted 08 March 2003 - 03:51 AM

*jusrt realised this thread existed* I am going to my Aunt's house all day tomarrow , and possibly sunday morning, also starting this week I may stop posting in the day , because I'm signing up for girls Fastpitchh-kinda like softball , and the pratices last a long time
Americans, while occasionally willing to be serfs, have always been obstinate about being peasantry- The Great Gatsby by f. Scott Fitzgerald
----------------------------
Donna: [about the Doctor] He saves planets, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures ... and runs a lot. Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved. - Catherine Tate as Donna Noble in Dr.Who Series four.

#6 User is offline   Shaolang Icon

• "Don't worry. I'm a Doctor."
  • Icon
  • Interests:Plain happiness.

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:19 AM

I might be gone 'til Sunday 16th. If I don't edit this by tomorrow, that is.

EDIT: As I thought, I am gone. But I saw a LAN near the hotel, so... =p
Sekai wo Oini moriagerutame no Suzumiya Haruhi no Dan !!

There is no darkness without light; no sorrow without joy.

#7 User is offline   georgie Icon

• Sharpshooter
  • Icon
  • Interests:What ever takes me out of the boring routine

Posted 13 March 2003 - 01:15 PM

I'll be leaving from Saturday 15 march till Sunday 23 March...I'll have access to a computer but im not sure how often I could be posting

Good Luck all
"I'm Alpha and Omega
The Begining and The End
The First and The Last" -Xenogears

------------------------------------
"...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother;..." -Henry V

"Only those who venture, shall conquest their dreams"
"The Navy Diver is not a fighting man. He is a salvage expert.
If it's lost underwater, he finds it. If it's sunk, he brings it up. If it's in the way, he moves it.
If he's lucky, he'll die young, 200 feet beneath the waves. For that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero. Hell, I don't know why anyone would want to be a Navy diver"- Chief Leslie W. Sunday, Men of Honor

PSA member

#8 User is offline   MaximusAcaephas Icon

• super ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Location:in your MIND (that's right, I am just a figment of your imagination)
  • Interests:I read, write, cook, eat what I cook, sleep if i remember to, speaking in old english, solving enigma and brainteasers. I find a certain amount of pleasure in joking around with my good friend Diacatt. Slightly proud and alway's confused. One of my favorite past times has been winning an argument with the voices in my head. That happens less and less nowadays.

Posted 15 March 2003 - 06:17 PM

I'm back!!!!!

Ugh! that was such a pain in the arsenal. I ended up ultimately erasing my entire hard drive and reinstalling Windows. I tried to save my work but as things go, i know i forgot something. It just hasn't hit me yet what i've forgotten. Now i'm starting from little better than scratch, copying everything i saved to disc back to my hard drive. This is such a nightmare! At least it's almost over. The recovery is going....but slowly.

#9 User is offline   marsfireknight Icon

• Sleepy..
  • Icon

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:20 AM

Due to unforeseen circumstances I'm going to have minimal internet access for an indeterminate amount of time.
I'll try my hardest to post in RP's I'm in but if I vanish for a long while you know why

#10 User is offline   Solo Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 27 March 2003 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Shaolang @ Mar 6 2003, 09:19 PM)
Hm, I think we had something like this some time ago, but I'm not so sure...

Anyway, I'm gonna pin it for a while and see how it goes, alright?

Thanks for suggesting it, Vizune!

Heh. I made that thread. Long while ago. Came back here in hopes of rejoining. =)

...It was a redundant comment.

#11 User is offline   fangirl4ever Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Judo , Webcomics , Anime , Manga , Hiking , fanfiction, Ancient history, Guitar, Sugar Cult, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Green Day, Tsunami Bomb, Velvet Revolver, The Sex Pistols, The Clash , The Ramones and baking.

Posted 05 April 2003 - 12:16 AM

Hey, I'm gonna be stuck w/ my dad and sister this weekend, so 'll be gone. I'll try to post in the RP topics I'm in/running but I dun have much time.
Americans, while occasionally willing to be serfs, have always been obstinate about being peasantry- The Great Gatsby by f. Scott Fitzgerald
Donna: [about the Doctor] He saves planets, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures ... and runs a lot. Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved. - Catherine Tate as Donna Noble in Dr.Who Series four.

#12 User is offline   rall Icon

• piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:other than ALL anime & manga -- RPG, reading, some (crappy) drawing......

Posted 06 April 2003 - 12:24 AM

Sorry to all my RPGs but will be unable to post for indefinite amount of time due mostly to school: DinoPlanet, Requiem of Demons, Mystical Explorers, Smash Brothers (I think that's all)
I'll be back ASAP

#13 User is offline   Misterdude13 Icon

• samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:09 PM

Okay... my computer has gone absolutely nuts. It won't even turn on. I have been sitting here repeatedly pushing the power button, to no avail. I also tried plugging the power cord into different outlets and such, but that doesn't seem to be the problem either. My guess is that my comp is mad at me for something I did... search me.

While I can still get online by using my roommate's computer, I don't think my posting will be anything resembling consistency, in regards to time anyways. I apologize to the caretakers of any RP's that I'm in.

And Max, Dia: just posting this so you don't think I've died or something. tongue.gif

#14 User is offline   fangirl4ever Icon

• Icon

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:39 AM

I may be going to my grandmother's surprise birthday party this weekend

#15 User is offline   Misterdude13 Icon

• samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 18 April 2003 - 11:42 PM

Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Lend me your ears!

I have returned! Now strike up the band!

*Brings his school's marching band parading through the thread*

#16 User is offline   Sugar Rush Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 20 April 2003 - 05:04 AM

*Walks off a few days for no apparent reason*
Might have a chance here and there to post once or twice...

EDIT: Cruddy crud.. computer acting all weirdo mondo...
As the imp realized it was standing in front of a huge golden dragon, which itself inturn was currently staring back. The smaller creature did the very first thing that came to it's mind; it poked the dragon in the eye.

#17 User is offline   Graceland-mun Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:Uhh uhh uhh... Oh my god, there's a test!?<br><br>I like... I like... I like... What do you like, I like that? It interests me muchly! *nodding sound*

Posted 20 April 2003 - 06:49 AM

>.<

;_;

#18 User is offline   Makaris Icon

• Part time troll, full time also troll
  • Icon
  • Interests:Drawing. Cartoons and Anime. DDR. Friends. Martial Arts (2rd level Green belt , that means goin all the way to black and starting over).<br />Video Games (RPGS), Diablo 2. DnD. Magic the<br />Gathering. Indiscrimnate acts of Violence and Slaughter. Evil.

Posted 25 April 2003 - 03:14 PM

Whelp, it finally happened, My comp died. Ill post whenever I get the chance, sorry.

#19 User is offline   MaximusAcaephas Icon

• super ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Location:in your MIND (that's right, I am just a figment of your imagination)
  • Interests:I read, write, cook, eat what I cook, sleep if i remember to, speaking in old english, solving enigma and brainteasers. I find a certain amount of pleasure in joking around with my good friend Diacatt. Slightly proud and alway's confused. One of my favorite past times has been winning an argument with the voices in my head. That happens less and less nowadays.

Posted 28 April 2003 - 01:17 AM

In the upcoming two weeks, what with finals preparations and examinations, as well as preparing to move out of the dormitories (which entails quite a bit of packing and organizing) i'm gonna have to limit much of my rping for that period of time. I can't guarantee that i will be able to post, but if i have the opportunity, i will try. My aplolgies go out to all my GMs and fellow players for the inconvenience.

#20 User is offline   KeikoMarie Icon

• Eros' Angel
  • Icon
  • Interests:For my RP friends back in 2002-2006, AIM me at Keikomarie, or YIM me at rpgcalikeiko, or drop me a line at KunoichiKozue@gmail.com :) I miss ya'll!

Umm ... singing, dancing, reading, writing, playing games and games and games, creating my own computer game, drawing, writing poetry and stories, sleeping, eating, going to the beach, etc.

Random gifts to Newbies so far: Mr. Bubbles, one shoelace, heart-shaped flowering bush, stapler, beige parchment paper, Poor Speller's T-shirt, instafriend potion, coconut flavoured party hat, german shepherd plushie, a Klingon, Japanese painted glass vahse, sparkling bliack-lite effective glow in the dark band-aid with pictures of olives on them, dull mauve and silver ball-point pen, Orange Shapes light bulb, Gummi Piggies, bottle of glue and a crayon, plate of cheetos, blue piggy mask, a nail file, a bit of ginger root, green lamp shade, a small watermelon and a pencil sharpener, ice cream cones and a pack of rubber bands, chipmunks, python, ball of plaid yarn, 2 long stemmed pink tulips, a plate of spam, deck of cards, coke bottle top and butterfly wings, shield of a thousand pokes, yellow apple and an empty tic-tac case, an almond encrusted and honey drizled bearclaw, the spirit of a water demon in a glass bottle, and a push pin, a box of kleenex, anti-vampire venom, and a cheese danish, two chopsticks, cup of ramen, and firey ice ball.

Posted 28 April 2003 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (MaximusAcaephas @ Apr 28 2003, 12:17 AM)
In the upcoming two weeks, what with finals preparations and examinations, as well as preparing to move out of the dormitories (which entails quite a bit of packing and organizing) i'm gonna have to limit much of my rping for that period of time. I can't guarantee that i will be able to post, but if i have the opportunity, i will try. My aplolgies go out to all my GMs and fellow players for the inconvenience.

Yes, this goes for me too. I will try to post when i can ... but if i'm conspicuously missing for a while, it's because of finals and moving out of the dorm and good stuff ... what max said.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users