The Piggy Farm: Fat Cosplayers - The Piggy Farm

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fat Cosplayers It's okay so long as there's no spandex.

#1 User is offline   kikigonzales Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:45 PM

I'm not not overweight, but I usually show what is presentable and conceal what isn't.
Somehow, these rules are ignored by the general public at Conventions.
And Clubs.
And school...

#2 User is offline   aku-onno Icon

• wudan piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:i have no interests i am a borring borring person. well i have them but they change all the time the only thing that stays the same is anime and manga well just about any thing with people drawn on paper or animated...

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:00 PM

do you meen they are ignored by fat people or every one?

#3 User is offline   Chronos Icon

• Only Partially Insane.
  • Icon
  • Interests:Drawing, RPGs (Actually, I havn't touched my PS2 in a month), roleplay, DDR, other stuff. Martial arts, manga, various anime, hoarding said anime..<br><br>Current online project : None really..

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:12 PM

Uhh... Sailor Bubba...

I remember my first year at ACen... there was this one really ugly chick cosplaying sailor moon (among about 8 others) but.. uhg *holds back vomit*

Some cosplay makes me sick.. costumes can be good, but when the person is butt ugly I can't really say much else but "why didn't you bring a paper bag!"

#4 User is offline   sabishii NIGHTMARE Icon

• indier than thou
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jrock, visual kei, anguro kei, sitting, anime, genderbending, Cowboy Bebop, Shin Seki Evangelion, studying Japanese, drooling onto my shoes, webcomics, doodling, RPGs, fanfic, my girlfriend Michelle, blood, gothic-industrial, lampooning bad poetry, sour altoids, DANCIN' LIKE A MONKEY, Invader Zim, power metal, bands no one knows about so i can have a false sense of superiority, indies, Radiohead, Excel Saga, getting fat and white, politiking, achieving enlightenment through sitting around, afternoon naps, peanut butter banana sammiches, pasta salad, cheesecake, women's studies

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Chronos @ May 6 2003, 02:12 PM)
Some cosplay makes me sick.. costumes can be good, but when the person is butt ugly I can't really say much else but "why didn't you bring a paper bag!"

wow, how do you ever deal w/ ugly people in public? it must drive you crazy! :b

people enjoy cosplaying. i'm not going to begrudge anyone it. apparently, my girl friends think i'm cute enough to pull it off at Otakon this year, so we'll see what happens. if some one wants to dress up and have fun, their appearance shouldn't have anything to do w/ it. i mean, it's not hurting anyone.

#5 User is offline   Chronos Icon

• Only Partially Insane.
  • Icon
  • Interests:Drawing, RPGs (Actually, I havn't touched my PS2 in a month), roleplay, DDR, other stuff. Martial arts, manga, various anime, hoarding said anime..<br><br>Current online project : None really..

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:48 PM

It's not that dealing with ugly people is hard for me, it's just that I really get irked for some reason when I see bad cosplay. It's the same with fan art.

#6 User is offline   VoodooFrag Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:02 PM

More like a mockery than a tribute? I know what you mean, some cosplayers draw the eye like a train wreck, but you don't have to look if you don't like it.

Where's the harm in everyone having a little fun if nobody's getting hurt?

#7 User is offline   Chronos Icon

• Only Partially Insane.
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:10 PM

What if it makes your eyes hurt though?

#8 User is offline   StormyDawn Icon

• Pagan Philosopher; Wise Fool
  • Icon
  • Interests:Kayaking reading writing sleeping not sleeping kitties

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:15 PM

lol. I at first though this would be a rp thread.

I would not be upset if some one was overweight and did it, though I probably would be somewhat shallow in some manner about it.
Our Salutations to Sri Dakshineswar Kali!
May Ma Kali loosen the bonds of our ignorance
And Our Salutations to Sri Lord Shiva!
May the Lord of Consciousness hasten our liberation.

#9 User is offline   VoodooFrag Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:23 PM

What if it makes your eyes hurt though?

Um...
  • Recite the Litany Against Fear
  • Look away. If you can't see it...
  • Find somewhere to sit, close your eyes and pretend to sleep
  • Plant a firearm on them and tip off security
  • Ask them what the postal codes each of their ass cheeks are. Hope they're sensitive enough to run away...

... or you could just ignore it. I would.

#10 User is offline   StormyDawn Icon

• Pagan Philosopher; Wise Fool
  • Icon
  • Interests:Kayaking reading writing sleeping not sleeping kitties

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:31 PM

(never mind)
Our Salutations to Sri Dakshineswar Kali!
May Ma Kali loosen the bonds of our ignorance
And Our Salutations to Sri Lord Shiva!
May the Lord of Consciousness hasten our liberation.

#11 User is offline   kikigonzales Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (aku-onno @ May 6 2003, 06:00 PM)
do you meen they are ignored by fat people or every one?

Dude! It's a complete crossection of society! People who totally aren't fat go around wearing something half their size, it isn't going to look good, and people do it all over the place. I don't have to look, but I do get those sympathy pains imagining what it feels like in there.

I must not fear, fear is the mindkiller...

#12 User is offline   aku-onno Icon

• wudan piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:i have no interests i am a borring borring person. well i have them but they change all the time the only thing that stays the same is anime and manga well just about any thing with people drawn on paper or animated...

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:13 PM

if the right person who is not fat wears something half there size its really hot but it depends on what they are wearing that is half there size :) no the only thing that makes me mad with cosplay is when REALLY fat people ((not over weight people)) try to wear costumes that where made for REALLY hot people. i know they may like the character but be respectfull to those around you and dont make them look at the rolls hanging out ya know. i have respect i would go in drag if i had my choice but i cant do it right i wont look good so i dont do it thats what disgustinly fat people ((Not over weight people)) need to learn is how to be respectfull to the other people at con and dont make them look at it. you cant ignore it, it drawns your eyes from all the way across the room YOU CANT STOP AAAAAAHHHHHHG!

#13 User is offline   VoodooFrag Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:21 PM

Yep, like a train wreck. It's almost as annoying as people who don't use paragraphs in their forum posts. wink.gif

#14 User is offline   aku-onno Icon

• wudan piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:24 PM

tongue.gif or people who cant read well enough and have to complain about it tongue.gif

#15 User is offline   Rooboodude Icon

• On The Quest for a Soul, One Faces Many Hardships..
  • Icon
  • Interests:Finding a real life.

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:25 PM

Bout right.

Ever heard of English class?

I may be american, and I may speak like an american, But it doesn't mean I have to type like an american! lol
Ye know, I just don't know what to put here anymore. I just don't want a reference to a children's show that I hated, and a horrible politician who couldn't run a liquor store, let alone a country.

Cynicism. Good for the soul. Sometimes.

#16 User is offline   aku-onno Icon

• wudan piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:27 PM

bout right ever heard of thinking i meen i know my sentence structure really sucks and my writeing skills need much to desire but i can read far worse than mine with out even realiseing its bad. i will never say its fine that i cant use proper english but i would never compklain about it or say some thing as rude as "ever heard of english class" no i havent how about you enlighten me?

#17 User is offline   Rooboodude Icon

• On The Quest for a Soul, One Faces Many Hardships..
  • Icon
  • Interests:Finding a real life.

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:40 PM

hey, I didn't mean to insult you that badly, but I wanted you to at least notice what it looks like to some others.

I can read much worse, as well, But sentence structure DOES help in situations like this. That kinda stuff will sometimes slow you down, but the way that SOME poeple type on here will slow down all the others, who are trying to read such.
Ye know, I just don't know what to put here anymore. I just don't want a reference to a children's show that I hated, and a horrible politician who couldn't run a liquor store, let alone a country.

Cynicism. Good for the soul. Sometimes.

#18 User is offline   VoodooFrag Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:43 PM

Oh, I can read it Aku. I can also read Perl regular expressions that go on for a few hundred characters, but I wouldn't subject normal people to them. biggrin.gif

Seriously, writing is supposed to be a tool for communication. Why make your writing so inhospitable to readers when a little effort could've make it a joy to read? You never know, literacy might be useful in other ways, like getting an education and a job. I'd throw an application that looked like that straight in the bin, even if I was hiring janitors.

I don't mean to be unkind, but you must realize that blaming everyone else for your ineffective communication skills is just plain stupid.

Must try harder. tongue.gif

#19 User is offline   kikigonzales Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:22 PM

It's not just grammar, it's that I actually can't understand, because all your ideas run together. You could just but -'s in the places where you might pause in speach or something, nobody's looking.

And yes, you have said your share of rude things as well.

#20 User is offline   ReDsKiNzStUdIoS Icon

• Lost Soul
  • Icon
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, American Comics, Reading, Penciling and writeing. Online RPG's. and just plain haveing fun and perverted jokes

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:37 PM

seeing im a fat bastard IRL...ill say this...FAT PEOPLE SHOULD -NOT- BE ALLOWED TO COS-PLAY

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users