• +

24/7 "Remix" Info + Character Sketches

#1 User is offline   D-Boy Icon

• The King of Kings
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Football, Wrestling, Drawing, Writing, Comics, Video Games

Post icon  Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:20 PM

Yes, I have been away for quite a bit, working two jobs and whatnot...but the comic isn't dead yet my friends. Not by a long shot. I've gotten a fellow Dev artist who's work I really dig (B_Tastic) to keep it going for me (from where I left off). Much like in the same way I was doing Jae for N8. I'll still be scripting it, and he'll be handling the drawing duties. I will update this thread with his "character model sheets" of our peeps to give you guys a little taste of what's to come in the near future.

Row 1: Katherine, Ellen
Row 2: Alicia, Eric
Row 3: Jeff

This post has been edited by D-Boy: 14 October 2004 - 10:39 PM

#2 User is offline   Maorta Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:is an RPG Fanaticist<br>Loves video games, caffiene, most forms of rock, anime, web comics with a plot, anything worth laughing at, comidies, action movies (i.e. James Bond, Indiana Jones)<br><br>HATES country music, people who decide to be mean to me for no real reason, problems with microphones, stupid car commercials AND cereal commercials, Dr. Pepper, and people who sing EVERY F***ING SONG they hear on the radio!!!<br><br>I've been called a lot of things: boring, stupid, loser, retarded, idiot, tight, cool, son-of-a-*****, but the one that i really like is: F***in' @$$ RANDOM! Contact me for random crap and opinions on any topic if you wish to do so.<br><br>Ever heard of A.D.D.???? Well I have A.D.H.D.!!!! So stop talking to me so i can not pay attention!!!<br>ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder<br>Hey, that's me *)<br>...now where was i...?<br>...or better yet...where AM i?<br>Anyways, just finish reading this, cuz i'm running out of ideas/i dont want to put any more on this profile thingy/i dont care that much about it/i have better things to do with my time than writing a full profile/i have ADHD/wait, no i dont have anything better to do with my time...<br><br>...hey, look over there! It's an obvious distraction!<br>*Pulls out a pair of wings and runs until he gets some air*<br>&quot;hahaha! You can run but you cant glide! Ahahaha!&quot;<br>*flys into a golf range and gets knocked out by a stray golf ball that would've gone the full 400 meters*<br>*falls somewhere in the trees surrounding the range*<br>or, for the Oz fan:<br>&quot;somewhere over the rainbow&quot;<br>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! <br>TOO MUCH TECHNICOLOR!<br><br>NOTE: will be willing to talk to anyone on aim if i'm on and not too busy! I get kinda lonely and have no good buddies on aim, maybe you can help me out!<br><br>-NEW FROM SPISHAK!-<br>It's the spatulork!<br>&quot;what's a spatulork?&quot; Why it's this lovely contraption you see in my hand. &quot;...but that's a regular fork&quot; To the eye, it's a fork; but any cooking expert knows that this is a spatulork! &quot;Mm-hmm. I think i know a fork when i see one&quot; The spatulork works just like a spatula, but has been fine-crafted and reshaped into a convenient fork-like shape. &quot;Hey! that fork looks just like the one in my cutlery set&quot; ...? &quot;And what the helll are you doing in my house?!?!&quot; ... :D<br>-Buy the new Spishak spatulork today! only $12.99. Call today and we'll trhow in this lovely plastic cutlery set!-

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:59 PM

Wow, those model sheets look amazing.
You picked a fine person to do the comic while you're busy D clap.gif
*props*

#3 User is offline   Dargon Icon

• Yeeha!
  • Icon

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

Guh-huh...too...many...fine w-women...*collapses into a puddle of protomatter which bubbles for a few minutes before going still*

--Darg--

#4 User is offline   D-Boy Icon

• The King of Kings
  • Icon

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Dargon @ Oct 10 2004, 12:55 AM)
Guh-huh...too...many...fine w-women...*collapses into a puddle of protomatter which bubbles for a few minutes before going still*

Heh, that's for sure. Another strange thing (to me) is that his art style is Adam Warren inspired...as mine used to be back when I originally started on this "comic" idea back in early 2002. So I find it very fitting. A friend of mine (who was a "game designer" at the time) asked me to come up with some characters for a "dating sim" *nudge nudge wink wink* he was going to come up with. Obviously that didn't really pan out...and here we are. blush.gif

#5 User is offline   D-Boy Icon

• The King of Kings
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:40 PM

Two more pics updated. One more to go before we're ready to get back into the swing of things.

#6 User is offline   Dargon Icon

• Yeeha!
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:06 PM

Looks good to me.
I dunno who "Adam Warren" is, but I thought they guys (well, the girls too, but especially the guys) look sorta like the "Lilo and Stitch" style...of course, if that WAS Adam Warren that did L&S, then that'd be a very good thing.

--Darg--

#7 User is offline   D-Boy Icon

• The King of Kings
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:15 PM

Adam Warren is a comic book artist who has worked on titles such as Gen 13, The Dirty Pair, and so forth. It was his art style (Anime influenced-American Comic book-ish) that got me started with the whole drawing thing back in 01'.

This post has been edited by D-Boy: 14 October 2004 - 11:16 PM

#8 User is offline   Lugnut Icon

• I R TEH TERROREST!!1!
  • Icon
  • Group: Member - NEP
  • Interests:Hobbies: Music, Movies and Video Games, Chatting, internet pop culture and web comics.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Music: &lt;br&gt;Mostly Industrial, Darkwave and EBM but i like almost anything besides rap, country and pop&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Movies:&lt;br&gt;1) Requiem for a Dream, 2) Pi, 3) Fight Club.&lt;br&gt;I like movies that make you think, Kevin Smith and Mel Brooks movies, and cheesey splater flims like Evil Dead and Dead Alive.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Video Games:&lt;br&gt;Counter-Strike would be my favorite game but i like alot of other shooters.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Chats:&lt;br&gt;#pOnju @ irc.sorcery.net&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Internet Pop Culture:&lt;br&gt;newgrounds.com&lt;br&gt;albinoblacksheep.com&lt;br&gt;weeble-stuff.com&lt;br&gt;thefucksociety.com&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Webcomics:&lt;br&gt;Favorites are somethingpositive, meninhats, and player vs player.

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:38 AM

It's looking good.

So this other guy is going to take over 24/7 completly then or are you going to be working in the story and he draws for you? Or is this only a temp thing and we'll be getting you back in the saddle sometime in the near future?

#9 User is offline   D-Boy Icon

• The King of Kings
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:01 AM

He's going to be drawing it for the time being while I stay on writing scripts. Honestly this is probably going to be for a good while because I work two jobs in addition to school and I get really pressed for time (on most days I leave the house at 6:00 a.m. and don't come back till about 10:00). If anything I might do a pin up or two from time to time (of the saucy variety)...but as you may have noticed...I havent drawn anything since that failed "donation" image back in August.

But it's all good guys, this dude's style is really awesome. Make sure to check out his dev art gallery that I linked to in my first post. He used to have lots of comic book styled art on his other gallery, but that's gone at the moment.

#10 User is offline   Lugnut Icon

• I R TEH TERROREST!!1!
  • Icon
  • Interests:Hobbies: Music, Movies and Video Games, Chatting, internet pop culture and web comics.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Music: &lt;br&gt;Mostly Industrial, Darkwave and EBM but i like almost anything besides rap, country and pop&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Movies:&lt;br&gt;1) Requiem for a Dream, 2) Pi, 3) Fight Club.&lt;br&gt;I like movies that make you think, Kevin Smith and Mel Brooks movies, and cheesey splater flims like Evil Dead and Dead Alive.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Video Games:&lt;br&gt;Counter-Strike would be my favorite game but i like alot of other shooters.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Chats:&lt;br&gt;#pOnju @ irc.sorcery.net&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Internet Pop Culture:&lt;br&gt;newgrounds.com&lt;br&gt;albinoblacksheep.com&lt;br&gt;weeble-stuff.com&lt;br&gt;thefucksociety.com&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Webcomics:&lt;br&gt;Favorites are somethingpositive, meninhats, and player vs player.

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:39 PM

Ok, this guy draws Star Trek babes... He is so totally IN! yay.gif

The amount of T this guy draws is tottally awesome, every comic is going to be like the 'fan service' ya drew for us a while ago.

Go take out ad space again with this guy drawing, you will get so many tits... i mean hits, HITS!

#11 User is offline   Dargon Icon

• Yeeha!
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:16 PM

Bwa?! Did I hear the magic words "Star" and "Trek" used together to reference the greatest space opera ever? And that someone here draws babes from said space opera?! *finally gets motivated enough to check B Tastic's devart gallery*
GREAT GRAVY IN A BOWL!! Wowwww, now I'm looking forward to the new 24/7 more than ever! I never realized Tasha was a girl, though...lol, j/k, but she looked too much like a guy on the show...well, except for when she seduced Data on the second episode, but that was a unique case...
*looks at the other non-Trek pieces. Collapses into a puddle of protomatter again from the babes*

--Darg--

#12 User is offline   Lugnut Icon

• I R TEH TERROREST!!1!
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

Voltaire - Sexy Data Tango

So if you're a filthy horta Data's your bestest bet
He's fully functional and anatomically correct

link

#13 User is offline   Dargon Icon

• Yeeha!
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2004 - 10:37 PM

*innocently clicks link* ...wtf was that?! That's just wronnnnnggg...

--Darg--

#14 User is offline   D-Boy Icon

• The King of Kings
  • Icon

Posted 29 October 2004 - 12:38 PM

D back with yet another quick report. The rest of the chapter has been thumbnailed out by BTastic and he is now working on layouts now. Everything is looking aaaa-okay, people. wink.gif </D Report>

#15 User is offline   Dargon Icon

• Yeeha!
  • Icon

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:00 PM

We await the arrival of the new 24/7 with basted breath.
Or bated...whichever.

#16 User is offline   Lugnut Icon

• I R TEH TERROREST!!1!
  • Icon

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Dargon @ Oct 29 2004, 06:00 PM)
We await the arrival of the new 24/7 with basted breath.
Or bated...whichever.

Hey, with the work BTastic did on deviant art i'm sure something is going to be bated, probably the master.

#17 User is offline   Dargon Icon

• Yeeha!
  • Icon

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:23 PM

Oh, eww...just don't get any on me and we'll get along fine...

--Darg--

#18 User is offline   Maorta Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:is an RPG Fanaticist<br>Loves video games, caffiene, most forms of rock, anime, web comics with a plot, anything worth laughing at, comidies, action movies (i.e. James Bond, Indiana Jones)<br><br>HATES country music, people who decide to be mean to me for no real reason, problems with microphones, stupid car commercials AND cereal commercials, Dr. Pepper, and people who sing EVERY F***ING SONG they hear on the radio!!!<br><br>I've been called a lot of things: boring, stupid, loser, retarded, idiot, tight, cool, son-of-a-*****, but the one that i really like is: F***in' @$$ RANDOM! Contact me for random crap and opinions on any topic if you wish to do so.<br><br>Ever heard of A.D.D.???? Well I have A.D.H.D.!!!! So stop talking to me so i can not pay attention!!!<br>ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder<br>Hey, that's me *)<br>...now where was i...?<br>...or better yet...where AM i?<br>Anyways, just finish reading this, cuz i'm running out of ideas/i dont want to put any more on this profile thingy/i dont care that much about it/i have better things to do with my time than writing a full profile/i have ADHD/wait, no i dont have anything better to do with my time...<br><br>...hey, look over there! It's an obvious distraction!<br>*Pulls out a pair of wings and runs until he gets some air*<br>&quot;hahaha! You can run but you cant glide! Ahahaha!&quot;<br>*flys into a golf range and gets knocked out by a stray golf ball that would've gone the full 400 meters*<br>*falls somewhere in the trees surrounding the range*<br>or, for the Oz fan:<br>&quot;somewhere over the rainbow&quot;<br>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! <br>TOO MUCH TECHNICOLOR!<br><br>NOTE: will be willing to talk to anyone on aim if i'm on and not too busy! I get kinda lonely and have no good buddies on aim, maybe you can help me out!<br><br>-NEW FROM SPISHAK!-<br>It's the spatulork!<br>&quot;what's a spatulork?&quot; Why it's this lovely contraption you see in my hand. &quot;...but that's a regular fork&quot; To the eye, it's a fork; but any cooking expert knows that this is a spatulork! &quot;Mm-hmm. I think i know a fork when i see one&quot; The spatulork works just like a spatula, but has been fine-crafted and reshaped into a convenient fork-like shape. &quot;Hey! that fork looks just like the one in my cutlery set&quot; ...? &quot;And what the helll are you doing in my house?!?!&quot; ... :D<br>-Buy the new Spishak spatulork today! only $12.99. Call today and we'll trhow in this lovely plastic cutlery set!-

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:48 AM

Ditto.
We don't need none of that mess all over the place

#19 User is offline   Lugnut Icon

• I R TEH TERROREST!!1!
  • Icon

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:31 AM

FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP-FAP
What was that? Sorry I couldn't hear you I have this fan going you see. Yes that's it, fan.

#20 User is offline   Dargon Icon

• Yeeha!
  • Icon

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:20 AM

Uhh, right. Whatever you say. I'll just be...over there now. *goes to the opposite side of the planet. What, it's Internet...I can do that...*

--Darg--

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users