• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

I LOVE Eeichi! New Reader - Sorta

#1 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Acting, Anime, Manga, Japanese, Drawing, Reading, Writing, Badminton, Hockey, Bicycling, Sci-fi, Improvisation... the list goes on.

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:43 PM

Hey there!
I just wanted to let you all know that your fanbase has expanded... to include ME!

For years now, I've seen the OO banners and ogled at the art, but I was into too many comics at the time. Now, with most of those comics either on indefinate hiatuses, or over... I have finally gotten myself accquainted with OO!

I think I may have actually started reading it some time LAST year... and then kinda forgot about it (so busy) just before they entered the Beauty Man Garden for the first time. But, I found my link (YESTERDAY!) and continued from there, and I'm HOOKED! I'm currently in the not-quite-shojo world... And I just have to say, I LOVE Eeichi! And I miss his LEER, but I totally saw his "X"-ness coming! I feel so sorry for him! I hope he gets his leer back soon. And I miss him and Ho-chan's friendliness with one another as well.

Wow, this is such a great manga! So... humourously written. I was going to say "perfectly" but with all the plotholes and whatnot *giggles*. Dang. Those jokes just don't come across right unless I'm in person.

Anyway, I hope this comic is still on-going, or at least that it had a nice solid ending in 2004 or beyond. (I just got to 2002 in the archives).

I'm enjoying it muchly. If it is still going... KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK, TANZY, EMI, and KOURIN! (and newer people!)..

Seriously, this is right up my alley!

-AC
The only other member of Studio Constancy Roman - AND PROUD OF IT!
Soon, I'll be unveiling my own NEW mullet-styled website.

"The secret of my acting... is that I... pretend to be other people." - Ian McKellan

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"
"They had wings in prehistoric times and then slowly they atrophied."
- Leslie Pool, 10 Items Or Less

#2 User is offline   Atrus Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Anime/Manga/Japan, Computers, M:tG

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:59 PM

Aww... To bad. Saturday/Sunday voting ended for a choose your own adventure (for the first time) of the comic. Yes, it's still going and yesterday was the latest update. O_O FOREVER! Weclome back to the fan base.

#3 User is offline   Xuanwu Icon

• Professor w/ Strange Candy
  • Icon
  • Group: Banned
  • Interests:Anime, reading, writing, voice acting, writing Okashina Okashi, Tsunami Channel ("Ask the Professor"), ROMB

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:32 AM

Welcome, AnimeCanuck! Yes, the comic is still alive and well and plots exist for it all the way to 2006 and beyond. Kourin and Tanzy have moved on to other things, but Emi-chan still does the art and I supply what humor I can scrounge up.
IPB Image

The Professor IPB Image

Want to talk about OO? The Strange Candy forum!

Want to talk about general stuff? The Professor Forum! IPB Image

Shine or Die

I am the voice of Professor Hasegawa from Tsunami Channel. IPB Image

The pOnju Hamthology

#4 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon
  • Interests:Acting, Anime, Manga, Japanese, Drawing, Reading, Writing, Badminton, Hockey, Bicycling, Sci-fi, Improvisation... the list goes on.

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:50 PM

Aren't you busy with ROMB?

Do you need more writers? Once I'm done catching up with the archives (give me a week) if it hasn't gone through ALL the ideas I'm having... well.. *giggles* More insane craziness from the girl who breaths and drinks the stuff!
XD

The offer's on the table - I'd love to get involved! The last collaberation I did was "Couches of Love" with none other than BRYAN WONG!!! (I just had to say it that way for Damonk, if he's out there. XD) I drew and wrote every 3rd comic starting with #2! It's parodying Soap Operas in general. We all made 2 principal characters, that had something special we couldn't change about them... and then it went from there. XD COMI-PROV! I hope to be doing another one in the future.

.. *sighs* But I'm still only where they're just leaving the world of Takeshi/Aiko. XD

Does Emi ever post on these here forums?

"The secret of my acting... is that I... pretend to be other people." - Ian McKellan

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#5 User is offline   Xuanwu Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Anime, reading, writing, voice acting, writing Okashina Okashi, Tsunami Channel ("Ask the Professor"), ROMB

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

Yes, she does. You can see her pop up every now and then.

And I'm not the person who does ROMB. That honor belongs to Ju.

If you have ideas, feel free to drop an email with them. I'll look them over and use whatever seems appropriate. I'm pretty open to suggestions from fans, so long as they don't run completely contrary to what I have as an end point. smile.gif
IPB Image

The Professor IPB Image

Shine or Die

The pOnju Hamthology

#6 User is offline   APOKOLYPES Icon

• Angry Rabbit
  • Icon
  • Interests:http://rutgers.facebook.com/profile.php?id=8828637

Post icon  Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:19 AM

smile.gif spread the wuv clap.gif
Fear me, for I am youthful.

#7 User is offline   Moo Cow Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:Manga

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

Welcome!!!! Yay for enthusiasm! I also miss Eechi and Ho-chan's flirting... boo...

~Sara

#8 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:56 PM

You... MISS their flirting? You mean... they DON'T anymore? *blinkblinks*

Xuanwu - Okay! Will do! And.. oh... yeah. Julian. XD Why did I think you did too? Same avatar maybe? at one point or another? I know Ju would post on SoC's forums from time to time... I think you did too... that must be where the confusion sprouted from. *nods*

Oh... more newfound love for OO: All the shoutouts to Excel Saga I've seen so far... well, the first REAL one was was a fancomic... With Excel and Ha-chan at the end. But right from the first moment I saw Lord Kerisu... I totally thought "Lord Illaparazzo"... He just totally has the same attitude and stupidity... XD It's fun! All the "evil" stuff from the comic could be used as fun standalones. I sent my boyfriend a link to the comic of the posters that Alex (6-year old advisor) made. He had a great laugh. Also, I thought the "evil overlord hotline" was great too! It's almost like two comics in one! ... Well, Almost. The connection is there, but you could pretty much read the Lord Kerisu/Dom/Tim/Ed stuff without the rest of OO, and I think it would stand up as it's own comic. XD I'm just saying. Anyways, back on topic... I'm loving the "Very NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" shoutout to Pedro. XD That was always fun for me. My personal favourite was "Afro, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

It's all I'm sayin'. XD

Lovin' the comic. Send my props Emi's way.

^_^

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#9 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:48 PM

Woot for more shoutouts!
This time I caught one to Ichan-san from Angelic Layer! http://www.strangeca...d/20021020.html

Wrong answer game by Petra and Nyarr-chan. I'm sure Nyarr-chan is having a good time. XD

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#10 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:39 PM

Do I catch a hint of "Child's Toy" here? http://www.strangeca...d/20030119.html Only instead of a 12-year old TV star, Eri-chan is an Idol? Hehehe.

And "Mom, you know I HATE pineapple salad!" instead of "I don't hate it." *giggles some more*

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#11 User is offline   Xuanwu Icon

• Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:41 PM

A lot of that is ye old Macross, I think. I never watched it, myself, but it had an idol singer in there.
IPB Image

The Professor IPB Image

Shine or Die

The pOnju Hamthology

#12 User is offline   Saiai Horisu Icon

• Thy Flesh I Confound
  • Icon
  • Interests:Well.. let's see...<br>I like... too much stuff. ^^; But really, anime, manga, shounen-ai, shoujo-ai, psychology, music, drama, almost anything artistic. Also, I like almost anything occult, and I like D&amp;D as well. Chaos all the way!<br><br>My big sister here on the boards is Terra-nesan, and my big brother is Alias-oniichan. Kayori's a good friend of mine, and Xuanwu is my sensei!<br><br>I run the uke preserve! If you're mean to uke, we'll send our mercenary penguins after you as punishment!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

There is elements of both Kodocha and Macross here. ^_^
"Love is both Carrot and Stick!"
-Yuri from MR4

"I'm not foooooood!"
-Me in many situations

"Noob is a state of mind, not a level."
-Someone from Maple Story

"Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur." - "Everything sounds more impressive when said in Latin."

Are you a sad, soft-hearted boy that's under pressure from dominating men and/or women? Then come to Saiai's Uke Preserve!
A safe-house for the girly crossdressing boy in all of us.

The Professor Forum

#13 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:04 PM

I knew it! (never watched Macross).

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#14 User is offline   Moo Cow Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:Manga

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (AnimeCanuck @ Nov 9 2005, 04:56 PM)

Well, yeah, because she's currently the great mistress in the bishi kingdom or whatever... i forget exactly what it's called but she and him haven't been together for ages!

~Sara

#15 User is offline   Winged Cat Icon

• super samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Moo Cow @ Nov 9 2005, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (AnimeCanuck @ Nov 9 2005, 04:56 PM)

Well, yeah, because she's currently the great mistress in the bishi kingdom or whatever... i forget exactly what it's called but she and him haven't been together for ages!

More in the literal sense than in the relationship sense. Although, who knows, perhaps he just got teleported back into her world, and is about to foil the one who wanted to incapacitate BM5 with his yaoi gun. (Much of the crew is borderline anyway; if they become addicted to that activity, no one will be able to man the defenses or in any other way resist a takeover.) Thus, he might be about to save her from what would be her ultimate frustration: a station full of yaoi, and she as a female unable to join in.

#16 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

Ouch! *giggle-giggles*

Well, randomly, I drew a fanart of Eeichi today! (it was totally unplanned... I just started doodling on lined paper in my notebook during class... a headshape, then I wanted to do a hot guy's hair... then I thought it looked like Eeichi's, so I drew Eeichi! XD) I gave him a different outfit. Of course, this is Eeichi's old hair, not the new hair with the blond highlights.

I can't believe I'm going through the archives so fast! I'm almost into 2005!

I will post the picture of Eeichi later tonight!

EDIT: I will NOT post the picture tonight because my scanner suddenly hates me. I think it has to do with the extra harddrive that my dad put in my computer. ... It may have been months ago, but I haven't used my scanner in over that long... so... ^_^;

DARN. It was a really cool picture, too. Hands were kinda bad, but.. Still, I nice pic that I am proud of! *fumes*

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#17 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:42 AM

Woot! Weird Al Yankovic shout out! "Albuquerque". XD
http://www.strangeca...d/20050612.html
But, because of the build-up, I thought the guy was going to buy the game. *shrugs* What you did was funnier, though. ^^

I also got the Reboot shout out earlier as well. And Ed from FMA. (and other much more obvious shout outs)

WOOT to EMI and the WRITERS of OO!

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#18 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:40 PM

*sob* I'm all caught up.

I hope that Takeshi and Keiko will reunite at one point... (doesn't have to be soon) and I'd like to see them go to a different world (enough of the croquet already!). XD

Still very good. Takeshi and Eeichi... *giggles* *sighs* They make a cute (albeit slightly disturbing) couple. Woot! Kayori and the Uke Revolution!

I await the next strips eagerly!

TO 2006!!!

(Oh... and I was surprised to see all the Sailor Moon action in the background. I never expected to see Seiya! I was going to suggest to dress up Takeshi as Sailor Star Healer for Halloween! XD (since he appeared as Shizuka).

Great stuff. I wish I could get my scanner to work. Now I need to draw more fanart! *glee!*

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"

#19 User is offline   Zaphkiel Icon

• Genetic Design For Dying
  • Icon
  • Interests:I like stuff. Comics, cooking, games and whatnot. k?

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:26 PM

Wow, someone has clearly found a new obsession. *gets safely into lab* I should be safe from rabid fans in here... OH GOD THE CLONES ARE LOOSE IN THE LAB!!! WHY GOD WHY!!!

There's a refrence only old IRC and Loss of Topic people get but meh.
Posted Image
<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->Kayin was banned for my sins.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#20 User is offline   Saiai Horisu Icon

• Thy Flesh I Confound
  • Icon
  • Interests:Well.. let's see...<br>I like... too much stuff. ^^; But really, anime, manga, shounen-ai, shoujo-ai, psychology, music, drama, almost anything artistic. Also, I like almost anything occult, and I like D&amp;D as well. Chaos all the way!<br><br>My big sister here on the boards is Terra-nesan, and my big brother is Alias-oniichan. Kayori's a good friend of mine, and Xuanwu is my sensei!<br><br>I run the uke preserve! If you're mean to uke, we'll send our mercenary penguins after you as punishment!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:29 PM

Shock! Zaphy-chan is a Star of Ponju as well!
I've been in the 8000's for what feels like forever. ^_^;
*shoots the uke beam at AnimeCanuck*
"Love is both Carrot and Stick!"
-Yuri from MR4

"I'm not foooooood!"
-Me in many situations

"Noob is a state of mind, not a level."
-Someone from Maple Story

"Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur." - "Everything sounds more impressive when said in Latin."

Are you a sad, soft-hearted boy that's under pressure from dominating men and/or women? Then come to Saiai's Uke Preserve!
A safe-house for the girly crossdressing boy in all of us.

The Professor Forum

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users