The Piggy Farm: weekly shonen jump - The Piggy Farm

Page 1 of 1

weekly shonen jump subscription?

#1 User is offline   claytonian Icon

• piggy
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2002 - 10:54 AM

Just how do you get a subscription to shonen jump? And can you get it translated?  My Japanese is still shaky. Dame desu nee...

#2 User is offline   blobglob Icon

• super samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 27 July 2002 - 11:30 AM

Well, I looked into this (I mean have just searched for it now, not that I tried to get a subscriptin in the past), and have found that one place that you can get a subscription of Weekly Shonen Jump is Sasuga books. Just search for Weekly Shonen Jump in their search option and there will be a load of results for it. Weekly Shonen Jump is all in japanese, though, and I doubt that a translation even exists. According to the website, they ship it to you when it comes out unlike some other companies, so you get it sooner. However, it is more expensive.

Edit: And believe it or not, it is far better value to buy individual issues (save around $130 per year! ). I guess it must be because you can only buy individual issues that have already come out instead of getting the latest ones like with the subscription.

You could probably find a load of subscriptions if you just did a google search for it.
You'll never put a better bit of blobglob on your knife.

#3 User is offline   Kyandii Icon

• samurai piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:Anime, Card Captor Sakura, Naruto, Gravitation, Tsunami Channel, Fujisaki Suguru, Sakuma Ryuichi, Uchiha Sasuke, Hatake Kakashi, Ichikawa Laika, Mina (MaMi)

Posted 27 July 2002 - 03:35 PM

If you're interested, Viz Comics have confirmed that they are making an English Shounen Jump, except it would be only monthly and not weekly.

Here is the official website if you're interested ->

http://www.shonenjump.com/welcome.html
stop the motion
//
days and years pass
dreams live and die
[and you're inside me]
:: my wish, m&b ::

#4 User is offline   claytonian Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 03 August 2002 - 11:04 AM

thanks for the info!

#5 User is offline   missleaves Icon

• The official Candy-Lover and Cuteness-glomper :3
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:manga!^^ books, arts, travelling... um... anything that's cute! blue coloured-stuffs....

Posted 03 August 2002 - 12:47 PM

weekly shonen jump... is that the website that release naruto?

I am more interested in shoujo magazine actually... like ribbon, or nakayoshi... is there any chance they'd release it in here?

Be Good! (and be evil too, 'cos just good is lame)

#6 User is offline   Leafy-kono Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 04 August 2002 - 09:00 AM

Will the monthly shojen Jump read from right to left (like Japanese Books) or from Left to Right?

Even though I can't read Japanese I prefer right to left (damn, read too much manga :P )

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit

#7 User is offline   Dark Namos Icon

• Namos
  • Icon

Posted 04 August 2002 - 09:58 AM

The manga will be read from right to left, according to the site. The sound effects will be in english, though.

I want shounen jump... But I live in Europe :sigh:  :cursing:

#8 User is offline   SK Shin Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 07 August 2002 - 03:39 AM

The possibility of Ribbon or other shoujo magazines coming to the U.S isn't out of the question... but one recent line of a 'shoujo' magazine being tanked in the States makes the outlook kinda grim (I think it was a line by Tokyopop).  There's no real market for it in the States... at least, not just yet.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users