• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

NPC Contest Submit!

#81 User is offline   kayzee Icon

• The Electric Otaku
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I'm a web-desinger-in-the-making and up-and-coming web-manga-artist. I love ferrets, reading manga, writing fantasy stories, and drawing anime-style.

Post icon  Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:37 PM

Wow, I don't come here for a while and suddenly my character is a winning NPC? Cool! clap.gif I just elaborated off the original entry here:

Name: Kyoko Myoru
Sex: Female
Species: Cat-Girl
Height: 5' 3''
Class: Theif
Personality: Sneaky, bubbly, and imature
Weakness: Water (well, she is a cat)
Appearence: lavender cat ears and tail, tan skin, short white hair, yellow eyes, athletic figure, blue tunic, green pants, short sword on her belt, and always carries a lockpick.
Bio:

Abandoned as a kitten, she was found and raised by a human leader of a gang of theives, named Ryo Myoru. Despite her training her friendly personality imaturity remained intact and this often botched up the gangs plans. In the end Ryo abandoned her, it went sort of like this:

Ryo: Now Kyoko, we're gonna play hide and seek. I want you to stand by this tree and count to one million.
Kyoko: Okay! (goes by the tree and counts, while in the background Ryo runs away real fast)

After realizing her 'father' abandoned her, Kyoko decided to make it her goal to become the best theif there ever was and win Ryo's approval. As she grew she improved herself and learned to use her 'friendly-ness' to her advantage. Her stratagies usually start by befriending her victims, whenther it be a guard of a treasure or a poor bard with a little satchel of coins. Then when they least expect it, she steals all their stuff and runs for it. Her success has made her one of the most sought after thieves by bounty hunters, with a mighty hefty bounty on her head. She hopes to one day find her 'father', so she can rub it in his face how good she had become. She has a peticular interest in handsome bards and pie wink.gif .

Do I need to add anything else? Suggestions anyone?

#82 User is offline   MagiNation Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Malanthyus @ Oct 10 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure at the moment, really haven't been told.

For rampant speculation, head over to Deviant Art and type in "okashina okashi" into the search page.

Among the first things you should see is

http://sage666.devia...Okashi-67050889

You'll notice the art is not in any public category, but is hidden away in their scraps folder. Given the quality of the art, and the fact that there is a similar (but less touchy-feely) picture of Oh Its You and Tlap Mastel lying nearby, leaves only the question of what name the artist chooses to go by over here.

#83 User is offline   Malanthyus Icon

• The Abyss staring back into you.
  • Icon

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (MagiNation @ Oct 18 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For rampant speculation, head over to Deviant Art and type in "okashina okashi" into the search page.

You'll notice the art is not in any public category, but is hidden away in their scraps folder. Given the quality of the art, and the fact that there is a similar (but less touchy-feely) picture of Oh Its You and Tlap Mastel lying nearby, leaves only the question of what name the artist chooses to go by over here.

We have an artist.

Kyoko

Meg

"Oh, It's You"

The Trap Master

#84 User is offline   kayzee Icon

• The Electric Otaku
  • Icon
  • Interests:I'm a web-desinger-in-the-making and up-and-coming web-manga-artist. I love ferrets, reading manga, writing fantasy stories, and drawing anime-style.

Post icon  Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:52 PM

Ooh! biggrin.gif I love the pic of my character! She's so cute! yay.gif

#85 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon
  • Interests:Video games, writing, roleplaying, reading, reading comics.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

After I began reading Gaming Guardians and its spinoffs, I asked Xu if he'd mind it if some of the unsuccessful NPCs were transferred to GG or Powergamers thus giving them another chance at life should their creators wish it. After all, we never actually SAW them die, so there's a chance they were saved at the last moment by some unknown force. I haven;t received any feedback from Graveyard Greg on the idea yet, but I'm going to try to contact him again. What do you guys think of this idea?
_edit- Is there anyone here who already has an account on the Nice? If so, would you contact Graveyard Greg on my behalf?
Time changes all beasts...
Owner of the Boy Toaster of Imperial Doom

#86 User is offline   MagiNation Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Malanthyus @ Nov 24 2007, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MagiNation @ Oct 18 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have an artist.

Kyoko

Meg

"Oh, It's You"

The Trap Master

Nice Character design on the Trap Master, does it come with a Gundam?

#87 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Post icon  Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:46 AM

Surprisingly, I think that OIY is the most adorable of the lot.

#88 User is offline   Malanthyus Icon

• Icon

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:05 AM

Update:

Baring accident or injury, the first page should be around in one form or another within the next two to three weeks, in one format or another. More details to follow.

#89 User is offline   Emi Icon

• Girl with Strange Candy.
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Creator/artist of the webcomic Okashina Okashi - Strange Candy, serial web designer and insanely obsessed (and thus completely broke) shoujo manga fanatic. Also addicted to live-action Japanese and Korean TV dramas, HK movies, JPop, and Old-Time Radio. Has an embarrassing affection for a japanese boyband that is way too young for her. Owned by her cats Spike and Vicious.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Malanthyus @ Dec 12 2007, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update:

Baring accident or injury, the first page should be around in one form or another within the next two to three weeks, in one format or another. More details to follow.

Er, what is this about a sponsored side quest with my approval? o.O It sounds familiar, but my memory is fuzzy :)
FOOM! OOM OOM OOM! The lives of 6 strangers change forever! With Catgirls, Catboys, sailor suits, giant robots, bishounen waiters, girls in bikinis, tentacle monsters, jello wrestling, shoujo sparkles, origami, evil overlords, loyal minions, wings, fetish androids, pr0n, idol singers, and more! Okashina Okashi - Strange Candy

#90 User is offline   Malanthyus Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

Okay folks, without any further ado, and with Emi-chan's full permision, here's the first 3 in the NPC sidequest story. Hope you like. We'll be updating every sunday.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

#91 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:04 AM

Squeee! Adorable art! And like the plot so far- but aren't meg's; boobies a bit too realistic?

#92 User is offline   bizzybody Icon

• Space Viking
  • Icon

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

Nice side-story, any more updates?

Looks like the rest of the NPCs have bit the dust today, bought the farm, rang down the curtain and joined the choir invisible...

Realistic boobies? Nothing wrong with that, even when located on a girl that appears to be made of Hubba Bubba.

Edit: Chaos; you may use Sabine in whichever ways you wish. *nudge-nudge* *wink-wink*

#93 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, painting, cartoons, anime (a league of its own, surely), comics, internet, peppermint lemonade (can't get enough of it, but can't buy it where I live), ghoulash soup, good food and drink in general, roleplaying, having fun with likeminded people, riding my bicycle as a leisure activity, movies, science fiction, fantasy, spirituality, late and breaking news, music.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

Alright, a second chance for our characters with excellent artwork? It's a small dream come true. I especially like the portrayal of Meg. happy.gif Will this be put up on a website somewhere, so it can all be viewed in sequence?

#94 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, painting, cartoons, anime (a league of its own, surely), comics, internet, peppermint lemonade (can't get enough of it, but can't buy it where I live), ghoulash soup, good food and drink in general, roleplaying, having fun with likeminded people, riding my bicycle as a leisure activity, movies, science fiction, fantasy, spirituality, late and breaking news, music.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

Sorry for the doublepost, but I have a pressing question: would the artistic wizard who created the sidequest strips for our NPCs be interested in drawing more? I could think up some fun storylines ... sweatdrop4.gif

#95 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

What second chance- didn't they just go "Blooey" in the last panel? I thougt the sidequest was part of canon... And I thought the artist already had a comic...

#96 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

I hope the artist can make room in their schedule, then. I also hope this wasn't part of the canon. These characters -- as well as some of the ones who were killed off right away -- could do so much more than they got to.

#97 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Aebliss, the NPCS didn't go blooey in the sidequest, they went blooey in the most recent OO panel... the May 22nd one. There are body parts everywhere. Not that that's a sure sign of death, mind you, but it could be... The others actually have MORE chance of surviving as we DIDN'T see them die... at least not dismembered.

#98 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

I'm well aware they were killed in the main OO comic. What makes you think I didn't? blink.gif I still hope the artist who drew the sidequest might be willing to draw more.

#99 User is offline   Malanthyus Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:46 AM

You do realize the other pages in the sidequest comic were posted in it's own thread lower down? And incidentally, I've decided to -eventually- get the rest of the story posted there as well, more likely on a monthly update basis.
And the impression I've been given is that this is "more or less" cannon, a lot of stuff happened between now and their untimely deaths. We all hope to show you guys it. biggrin.gif

#100 User is offline   kayzee Icon

• The Electric Otaku
  • Icon

Post icon  Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

Wow, the comic looks great (especially my character laugh.gif )

I was just curious, I plan on making a webcomic in the future, is it okay if I use my character (Kyoko) in the webcomic? She wouldn't be a major character, she would just be shown as a video game character from time to time.

If I can't, that's okay, no biggie sweatdrop4.gif

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users