• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

NPC Contest Submit!

#1 User is offline   Xuanwu Icon

• Professor w/ Strange Candy
  • Icon
  • Group: Banned
  • Interests:Anime, reading, writing, voice acting, writing Okashina Okashi, Tsunami Channel ("Ask the Professor"), ROMB

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

The NPC contest is on! (Sorry it took a while.)

Rules:

1) One NPC per person.

2) You can submit a picture and/or a written physical description. Picture is probably easier for Emi-chan to deal with. Don't make it too elaborate, since you don't want her to spend hours on a single character.

3) Give basic stats like name, height and class. Maybe include something on personality. Note that if you name the NPC after yourself, this means you will never have any other OO character named after you. (Just in case you were one day hoping to bribe me with offers of money, sex, or other goods to get into the comic. deviouspiggy.gif )

4) I'll be deciding which NPCs go into what groups (they'll be groups of four, of course). Because I'm the writing guy and I say so. tongue.gif

5) Not every submitted NPC is guaranteed to be used.

6) If you have a character named after you in OO that is participating in the game (so far this includes Terra, Saiai, Kayori, Tim, and Kerisu), you can't submit an NPC. It wouldn't be fair to others.

7) These NPCs aren't going to be major plot agents, so don't bother giving them huge extensive backgrounds. If you spend more than a couple hours on this, you're devoting too much time.

8) If you're a comic maker and you submit an NPC based on a character you created, you're giving OO copyright privileges to use said character in the comic. So if OO is ever published down the road, you won't complain that your character appears in print. It's probably best to avoid this problem and submit an original character.

NPC makers, GO!
IPB Image

The Professor IPB Image

Want to talk about OO? The Strange Candy forum!

Want to talk about general stuff? The Professor Forum! IPB Image

Shine or Die

I am the voice of Professor Hasegawa from Tsunami Channel. IPB Image

The pOnju Hamthology

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Video games, writing, roleplaying, reading, reading comics.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

How do you want us to send you the info and pictures? After all, while Emi's e-mail is know to most of us, your e-mail is not and e-mails sent from here to request yours seem to get blocked.
Time changes all beasts...
Owner of the Boy Toaster of Imperial Doom

#3 User is offline   Emi Icon

• Girl with Strange Candy.
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Creator/artist of the webcomic Okashina Okashi - Strange Candy, serial web designer and insanely obsessed (and thus completely broke) shoujo manga fanatic. Also addicted to live-action Japanese and Korean TV dramas, HK movies, JPop, and Old-Time Radio. Has an embarrassing affection for a japanese boyband that is way too young for her. Owned by her cats Spike and Vicious.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

You need to post this in your rantspace, xuanwu!
FOOM! OOM OOM OOM! The lives of 6 strangers change forever! With Catgirls, Catboys, sailor suits, giant robots, bishounen waiters, girls in bikinis, tentacle monsters, jello wrestling, shoujo sparkles, origami, evil overlords, loyal minions, wings, fetish androids, pr0n, idol singers, and more! Okashina Okashi - Strange Candy

#4 User is offline   Strydre Icon

• piglet
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:54 AM

This seems to be as good a place as any to post the NPC submissions.
NPC Shidero the Falconer

I'm relatively new, just found this webmanga a few days ago and am busy catching up to the present day :-)

Have several nice days!
- Toby

#5 User is offline   Xuanwu Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Anime, reading, writing, voice acting, writing Okashina Okashi, Tsunami Channel ("Ask the Professor"), ROMB

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Emi @ May 30 2006, 09:22 PM)
You need to post this in your rantspace, xuanwu!

It's in there; you must be seeing a cached version. I made the post after the thread so I could link it.
IPB Image

The Professor IPB Image

Shine or Die

The pOnju Hamthology

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:03 AM

Here's the physical description for my entry- I'm sending the bio directly to Emi.

Dylana Merrow

Race: Human
Height: 5’ 9”
Hair: Blonde with blue-green streaks
Eyes: Dark green
Skin: Tan
Class: Bard
Weapon: Tridents, Spears
Instruments: Voice and biwa (Or lute)
Clothes: Green dress, with a string of pearls, trailing sash, and shell dangle earrings. She also wears long white gloves.
Favorite song: "Voyage" ( FF: Pray)

Description: This woman stands five feet, nine inches tall, and has a willowy, graceful build and pleasantly round, small, perky breasts. Her hair is a golden blonde, bleached by the sun and streaked with dark blue-green. Her eyes are the deep green color of an ocean wave, and almond-shaped. Her lips are deep pink and slightly full. Tiny pointed shells dangle from her ears. Her dress is a medium green and made of soft cloth, cinched at the waist. A belt of woven sea-grass festooned with a circlet of mother-of-pearl wraps her waist. Her shoes are green leather sensible flats.

#7 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, painting, cartoons, anime (a league of its own, surely), comics, internet, peppermint lemonade (can't get enough of it, but can't buy it where I live), ghoulash soup, good food and drink in general, roleplaying, having fun with likeminded people, riding my bicycle as a leisure activity, movies, science fiction, fantasy, spirituality, late and breaking news, music.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

Xu, I PM-ed you my idea for an NPC. Hope you and Emi like it. ^^

#8 User is offline   Samwise Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:17 PM

You will not like my idea. You will not like it in the least bit.

#9 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

??? Are you ATTEMPTING to be disagreeable?

#10 User is offline   Xuanwu Icon

• Icon

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

Please post everything in the thread. My PM folder has been steadily filling up, so I'd like to avoid having everyone message me with stuff. Posting it here also gives Emi-chan a chance to read it. And it prevents redundant ideas.
IPB Image

The Professor IPB Image

Shine or Die

The pOnju Hamthology

#11 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:24 PM

I sent the final written copy to Xu and Emi via e-mail. It includes all the physical info here plus private biographical information. Note that since I sent Xu's via the forum, even if it bounces, gets blocked, or ends up in junk mail there is a logged version he can ask pOnju or another admin for.

#12 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, painting, cartoons, anime (a league of its own, surely), comics, internet, peppermint lemonade (can't get enough of it, but can't buy it where I live), ghoulash soup, good food and drink in general, roleplaying, having fun with likeminded people, riding my bicycle as a leisure activity, movies, science fiction, fantasy, spirituality, late and breaking news, music.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:34 AM

Okay, once more for public access:

Name: Meg the Pudding

Race: Ooze (read on for details)

Human form:
Height: 5,7
Hair: Bubblegum pink
Eyes: Sapphire blue
Skin: Fair
Class: Rogue
Weapons: Unarmed combatant; special move: engulfing hug
Clothes: Anything people give her to cover up, she's not choosy.
Quotes: "Hi!" "You're cute. Wanna make out?" "I remember you! You taste all spicey and you wriggle around a lot!"

Ooze form:
Height: Variable; Meg can squeeze herself into just about any shape.
Protoplasm colour: Bubblegum pink
Class: Rogue
Weapons: Unarmed combatant; special move: engulfment
Clothes: Unneeded
Quotes: "Spleck." "Splorp." "Gloop, glop."

Meg is, in fact, an intelligent Ooze. (You know what they are, right?) 'Intelligent' is a relative term, though ... ^^; She's about as smart as a rather dumb human. Think South Californian beach bunny.
The first time she's encountered, Meg appears to be just a pink Ooze, guarding a treasure chest. Some female adventurer boasts she'll knock the 'monster' back with one blow and actually slams her weapon into Meg. The weapon sticks. Meg expands and engulfs the adventurer, then assumes (nude) human form and says: "Hmm, yummy!"
At this moment, Meg the Pudding is born as an interactive creature. She's agreeable, quite kindly and willing to help out if anyone asks her to, but she's still an Ooze. Occasionally, if someone attacks or gives the wrong answer to Meg's innocent remarks along the lines of "I'd like to eat you" or "Can I hold you for a while?", she'll engulf them and take them inside of her. At which point, whoever she engulfed before is spat out, unharmed but probably severely shaken.
Meg doesn't eat intelligent people -- though she'll eat just about anything else -- she just 'borrows' them for a while, absorbing their memories and any useful survival traits they might have. Then she uses them ... (Completely random idea: what if she engulfed one of the OO-ers and assimilated 'reality'? happy.gif )

In any of her shapes, Meg is adverse to Bards; sonic attacks disrupt her protoplasm or, to use her words: "They make me jiggle lots!", which causes her discomfort and forces her to spit out whoever she might have recently engulfed, sometimes even forcing her into Ooze form.

Meg's appearance changes slightly with every person she engulfs, though her being female and her colours remain the same.

#13 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:51 AM

_Edit_ I realized I was being unfair by refusiung to put all of Dylana's info up- everyone has to abide by the rules and I shouldn't try to dodge them just becuse i was afraid of spoilers. This is the final draft.

“And no-one knows it,
Where she came from, where she’s going
And once you meet her,
You will tell that something inside is changing.”
-Once You Meet Her

Dylana Merrow

Race: Human (Mermaid)
Height: 5’ 9”
Hair: Blonde with blue-green streaks
Eyes: Dark green, like the deep of a wave
Skin: Tan
Class: Bard
Weapon: Tridents, spears
Instruments: Voice and Biwa
Traits: Webbed fingers (hidden by gloves)
Clothes: Green dress, with a string of pearls, and shell dangle earrings. She also wears long white gloves
Favorite song: “Voyage”

Description: This woman stands five feet, nine inches tall, and has a willowy, graceful build and pleasantly round, small, perky breasts. Her hair is golden blonde, bleached by the sun and streaked with dark blue-green.. Her eyes are the deep green color of an ocean wave, and almond-shaped. Her lips are deep pink and slightly full. Tiny pointed shells dangle from her ears. Her dress is a medium green and made of soft cloth, cinched at the waist. A belt of woven sea-grass festooned with a circlet of mother-of-pearl wraps her waist. Her shoes are green leather sensible flats.

Background: Though Dylana’s beauty is obvious, her true heritage is not. In reality, she is a mermaid that left the sea to explore the land in human form. While she was traveling this way, someone stole her magical red cap, depriving her of the power to return to the sea. (Note: This cap is covered all over with red feathers.)
She searches for it always, and has gathered quite a collection of such caps while trying to find her own, which she swears she would recognize once it touches her head. Bard is a natural class for her due to her beautiful singing voice.
Personality: Dylana can be quite shy and secretive about herself unless she has learned to trust you. She can be quite warm-hearted once she knows you, and her laughter is like bells.
When far from water she tends to be weak and lethargic, but perks up when she sees the seashore. She loves swimming in the waves, a trait left over from her watery days. Though she often gets weepy and sad when singing songs about her beautiful sea, she laughs at the wind and lightning of a storm.
Though her energy is low, she can be quite fierce in battle, especially when protecting sea creatures or those she has come to see as her friends.
Weapons: Her main weapon types are spears and tridents, both of which she has experience with from her time underwater. Normally only mermen wield tridents, but her brother, Briareus, taught her its use and she wields it in his honor.

Powers: In addition to bard spells, singing, and Bardic Knowledge, Dylana has these additional powers:
2x/ day her singing acts as a Charm spell on all who hear it.
(Su) Water Breathing ability, as per the spell.
Weaknesses:
Gets dehydrated easily;
Lightning spells do double damage

#14 User is offline   Samwise Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Chaos @ May 31 2006, 05:39 PM)
??? Are you ATTEMPTING to be disagreeable?

No, I'm ATTEMPTING to be Johnny Depp.

I AM dissagreeable.

Wait, am I dissagreeable if I agree that I'm being dissareEABL-*head asplode*

#15 User is offline   Yashamon Icon

• An uke, but for girls
  • Icon

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:17 AM

Okay, here's my character. You can have her if you want her.

Name: Kisumi

Female

Height: 5'10" (she's kinda tall)

Class: Level 1 (beginner) Air and quintessence elemental user, no adventuring class yet though

Hairstyle: Waist length, brown, braided pigtails

Eyes: Brown

Skin: tan, and she has freckles on her cheeks.

Costume: Dark blue long-sleeved dress with a white apron that has ruffled shoulder straps. She wears boots suitable for being outdoors though.

Personality: She's pretty much a ball of sunshine, she's nearly constantly happy, smiling and optimistic, and likes to hug or kiss other characters regardless of their gender. Some people would really like her company, but some would likely find her to be annoying.

Item: A gem called a light crystal that makes some large sparkles appear around her, they can be used to reflect some magic attacks or to cast a lightning attack.

Basic background: She's a maid at a village inn, but someone staying there gave her a highly rare item that he couldn't use since he was the wrong class, but it allowed her to go on adventures. She's good to have on a team because of her item, it allows her to fight way above her skill level. She can also take decent care of the other members of her team. Her main weakness is that all of her power comes from her item, and if she loses the item (which she does from time to time) she probably couldn't even win a tickle fight (she goes on advetures to level up and get better). Also, her item powers don't work underwater, her air skill just makes the water around her carbonated, and her lightning power is just generally bad underwater.
Pacchonbo mo-inoinoi chakaretapatton pankorakettonto-n
No-ra churere-rotton poraporapetton pu-rorattantan
Pappu-ra mo-inoinoi chakaretapatton pankorakettonto-n
O-ra poruketthi-no poporattantanso
--LocoRoco

#16 User is offline   taelos_saloth Icon

• super samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:03 AM

Is this an okay character?

Name: Gef

Male

Height: 5'5.9"

Class: Village idiot

Hair: Unruly black, very unkempt

Eyes: Green

Skin: White, not quite tanned but not ungodly pale, either

Duds: Wears a variety of garments that seem to have been picked out at random. Has a very eccentric and brightly-colored getup.

Personality: He's about as sharp as an ostrich. When danger shows up, he hides behind his hands, hoping that what he can't see can't see him. Strikes some as a lost child, desperately looking for something he can't find.

Background: Gef led an uneventful life in his village, happily and merrily doing whatever it is that idiots do. This was until some villagers thought that it would be a wonderfully hilarious idea to blindfold him and drop him off in the woods about a mile from town. This was 2 years ago. Gef has spent the time since trying to find his way back to the village.

#17 User is offline   bizzybody Icon

• Space Viking
  • Icon

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:35 AM

Name: Sabine

Race: Human

Occupation: Not a very good sourceress who really wants to be an amazon warrior.

Age: 33 (actually around 60-ish but she's used youth potions several times)

Height: 5' 8"

Appearance: Indeterminate ancestry, most distinctive characteristic is perfectly straight, perfectly black, exactly waist-length hair.

Sabine has learned every spell in the book, to the first level, and a few to higher levels. She's not very good with many except for healing (only works on herself), resurrection and magic doors.

Her magic ability is low because she spent the early part of her adventuring career adding XP to Strength and Dexterity until they were maxed for her class, and drinks every strength and dexterity potion she finds and often goes into debt buying strength and dexterity potions so she can swing the two handed sword (+31 to life) she bought at an exhorbitant price from a dealer and wear the extra strong Mystic Armor (not magical, just very strong), also bought for way more than it should've cost, but it's saved her life in hundreds of fights. Her helmet adds +14 to all her attributes, without it and the rings and amulets she wears that also boost everything, she couldn't use the sword or armor. Being a magical artifact, when on her head the helmet takes on the appearance of a hat appropriate to her class, a broad brimmed, pointy, witches hat with gold trim at the edge of the brim. When she takes it off, it looks like a steel, open faced helmet with integrated cheek guards and an upward curved horn on each side.

Her magic and vitality are nowhere near maxed so now she puts half her XP each level into each of those attributes. Most of the spells she's learned by temporarily borrowing magic boosting rings and amulets from other adventuerers, reading the spellbook, then giving back the jewelry. That gives her the ability to use the spells but they put such a drain on her mana that they can only be used once or twice before she has to rest or drink a mana potion. (She always carries 6 or more at all times!)

With her potioned-up strength and dexterity, she packs a mean wallop with her sword, but tends to be slow with it, relying on her Mystic Armor to take the blows her opponents always get in before her next hit, which usually finishes them.

She's always in debt up to her ears for repairs on her helmet, sword and armor, as well as the strength, dexterity and youth potions. She keeps on adventuring anyway, always hoping the next monster she kills will drop some super magical item she can sell for the 100,000 Gold another youth potion costs.

#18 User is offline   kayzee Icon

• The Electric Otaku
  • Icon
  • Interests:I'm a web-desinger-in-the-making and up-and-coming web-manga-artist. I love ferrets, reading manga, writing fantasy stories, and drawing anime-style.

Post icon  Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

Name: Kyoko
Sex: Female
Species: Cat-Girl
Height: 5' 3''
Class: Theif
Personality: Sneaky, bubbly, imature and wild
Appearence: lavender cat ears and tail, tan skin, short white hair, yellow eyes, athletic figure, blue tunic, green pants, short sword on her belt, and always carries a lockpick.
Bio: Known as the 'Silent Wind' because you never know when she's coming. Often befriends her victims, then runs off with their stuff when they're not looking. She has a peticular interest in handsome bards wink.gif .

#19 User is offline   Den Icon

• That girl who lurks...
  • Icon

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

Name: Toku
Species: Human
Height: 5'9"
Class: Archivist
Personality: bubbly, flirtatious, slightly ditzy
Appearance: Toku is pretty. VERY pretty...so pretty he gets mistaken for a girl. fair skinned, with waist-length, mostly black hair that has a few teal streaks in it, green eyes. usually dresses in browns and greens, with a moss-colored cloak. Carries a bag that has his journals and other books and necessary items in it.
Bio: Toku doesn't really recall quite where he's from, but he enjoys reading and meeting new people to find out what they know.

#20 User is offline   Winged Cat Icon

• super samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:29 PM

Name: Pietyr
Species: Human (dragon)
Height: around Eri-chan's (human)/about twice that (dragon)*
Age: late teens (in human form)/not fully grown (dragon)*
Class: Chef

He's a spoof on People Eating Tasty Animals - or Monsters, in this world's case. He's an intelligent (character-grade) golden dragon, able to take human form at whim (clothes and equipment going into hammerspace as needed), who's exploring the world to sample its many tastes. He usually avoids dining on anyone he believes to be sentient, unless they attack him first or he's supposed to kill them anyway (though he did once apologize to someone who hacked out of his stomach after a misunderstanding). He serves as his party's logistics, able to both hunt up food (and cook it with flame breath) and fly the party around, and possessing the same like for gold that has led many of his kin to acquire their famed treasure mounds.

In dragon form - he's a dragon. Gold scales, gold skin, silver eyes. In human form, aside from his tan skin, he tends to keep the same basic color scheme: blond hair, slit gold irises on silver (not white) eyeballs, and yellow-colored clothing (maybe golden armor, which protects more through the magic one can bind into gold than through the hardness of a soft metal). The one exception is when he is practicing the core skills of his class and preparing a meal: whether human or dragon, he will wear a white chef's hat - which no one else has yet actually seen him don, nor been able to affect in the slightest (though some have tried) as if it were an illusion.

* It's not like these stats are going to be published, so I figured I'd give measurements that Emi might actually find useful. wink.gif

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users