The Piggy Farm: NPC Contest - The Piggy Farm

• (5 Pages)
  • +

NPC Contest Submit!

#41 User is offline   Kerrigan Icon

• The Queen of Blades
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Felt like updating this. All I've been doing lately is stuff with friends and work, school and otherwise. Annoying school work.

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:55 AM

Good? What is good and what makes it good? Please gives us alittle more info there.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth. Act 5 scene V

#42 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon
  • Interests:Video games, writing, roleplaying, reading, reading comics.

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:32 AM

Well, I'm pleased you came up with an entry and your character seems to have plenty of, well, character. I was just wondering, though- might he be a Duergar? Those dwarves usually have gray skin....
Time changes all beasts...
Owner of the Boy Toaster of Imperial Doom

#43 User is offline   Kerrigan Icon

• The Queen of Blades
  • Icon
  • Interests:Felt like updating this. All I've been doing lately is stuff with friends and work, school and otherwise. Annoying school work.

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

Never heard of a Duergar. I just thought that maybe his skin would be a greyish color because he's a dwarf. y'know.
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth. Act 5 scene V

#44 User is offline   Kuriyama Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

I'll post an actual character in a while, but until then I suppose I'll spew out some ideas.

We've already got a few Scholars, which is always good.

We could always use a blacksmith, or an alchemist. Druids and rangers are always good. And then there's Knights. Not fighters, actual full-blown Knights.

#45 User is offline   MagiNation Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:24 AM

I don't think there are many good knight puns that Girly comic hasn't already done, but if you give me a panel or two I can prove chivalry is dead tongue.gif

In other news:

SQUEEEEEE!!!! THE WRITER LIKED MY IDEA!!! THE ACTUAL FRIGGIN' COMIC BOOK WRITER LIKED MY IDEEEEAAA!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

...well, he laughed. And that's all the encouragement I need deviouspiggy.gif

For his quotes, as an "Alchetect" he's just about the only character who can pull off the line "Who cares? The more buildings get destroyed, the more lucrative my job market gets." wink.gif

He also carries a few custom scrolls in his sleeve. They're multilayered sketchpad/business cards and each level rolls up like a window shade to go along with the speech:

*hands Lycidia a partially unrolled scroll*

"I'm one of the finest creators of fortresses..."
"towers, citadels, places of worship.."
"..traps..." (sketch any of these you feel like)
"..and other methods of inflicting pain..."
Petra: "oooh!" (probably better to not to show this one)
"Please don't hesitate to call. I'll have my minions contact your minions."
"You have minions?"
"Er.. not right at the moment. They sort of rubbed me the wrong way.." sweatdrop4.gif

Its one of the most commonry known facts of fan fiction typingpiggy.gif that writers will often emphasis one character to the point of author insertion
cause its FUN!

"You're looking for a plot hole? I found something like that!"
"Really?!"
"Yeah, its in my coat pocket!"
"...."
"...."
"....well?"
"...er, I kinda... forgot which pocket I put it in..."
"......................so?"
" sweatdrop.gif so there's no way in hades I'm digging around in this coat..."
... crying2.gif

Behold the first ever accidental miniboss tongue.gif Sort of highlights the fact that altough Eri-chan might be a druid or ranger (knowledge of RPG world +3) there's really no one on the party that fits the description of "theif." Guild rules, I guess.

#46 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:16 PM

When will we get to see our entries in action?Rmemebr that since Eeichi and crew are travleing into new realms it gives them the opportunities to meet new peoel, thouhg one hopes our characters wil not only appear gffor a few meaningless crowd scenwes alone- rather they should be opponents or allies. If you're having troubke thinking of what to do next, ask me for ideas-I can think of one situation that would be perfect for Eeichi.

#47 User is offline   Saiai Horisu Icon

• Thy Flesh I Confound
  • Icon
  • Interests:Well.. let's see...<br>I like... too much stuff. ^^; But really, anime, manga, shounen-ai, shoujo-ai, psychology, music, drama, almost anything artistic. Also, I like almost anything occult, and I like D&amp;D as well. Chaos all the way!<br><br>My big sister here on the boards is Terra-nesan, and my big brother is Alias-oniichan. Kayori's a good friend of mine, and Xuanwu is my sensei!<br><br>I run the uke preserve! If you're mean to uke, we'll send our mercenary penguins after you as punishment!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

...Chaos, why does your typing suddenly not be good? o.o
"Love is both Carrot and Stick!"
-Yuri from MR4

"I'm not foooooood!"
-Me in many situations

"Noob is a state of mind, not a level."
-Someone from Maple Story

"Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur." - "Everything sounds more impressive when said in Latin."

Are you a sad, soft-hearted boy that's under pressure from dominating men and/or women? Then come to Saiai's Uke Preserve!
A safe-house for the girly crossdressing boy in all of us.

The Professor Forum

#48 User is offline   Buckeroo Icon

• Creepy Lurker
  • Icon
  • Interests:A little bit of everything, but primarily it's anime, music, and wrestling. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:04 PM

Okay, why not? Might be a little late by now, but I really don't have to work on it. I made this character up for a mailing list rpg that never got off the ground. So here it is.

Name: Vael
Race: Human (possibly half-human, half-unknown entity)
Weaponry: Crooked 7-foot staff and various potions
Class: Mage (specializing in herbology)
Skin: Pale white, almost translucent
Hair: Long and white
Eyes: Gray
Height: 6'8" and rail-thin
Clothing: Assuming any possible appearance would be outdoors rather than in a laboratory setting, this would be a brown leather tunic and boots, black tights and cloak (with hidden pockets, not that this would come into play), and a leather sheath for a dagger strapped to his right ankle.
Personality: Steadfastly loyal to anyone who gains his trust, but distrustful of anything remotely human due to various troubling incidents in his past. What, exactly, these incidents are have been written, but are of no importance to an NPC cameo.

That should take care of everything necessary, I believe.

#49 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Saiai Horisu @ Jul 15 2006, 12:45 PM)
...Chaos, why does your typing suddenly not be good? o.o

I think I was in a hurry to say something and it was probably some ungodly hour of the night.... what? Only 11 PM? *shrugs* I like to spell properly, but sometimes the effort is too much an dI don't bother correcting mistakes. And Buck, I'd suggest PMing Xu to let him know you've put an entry in, since it's such along time after the original contest. And BTW, I threw him some suggestions in the hopes that our NPCs might actually be more than cameos... I mean, if we just happen to see one of our characters sitting in a bar, or in a crowd scene we're not going to be quite certian it's him, and it would be rather disappointing. Better to make sure that every single one of our characters interacts with the heroes at some point during their quest- a good way to do this is to use them to fill certain roles during a plot arc.
For example if Xu had originally had a cook whose fetch quest involved getting a certain herb, he could replace him with Pyetr. Or the architect might serve as a guard to a storehouse of some kind. If he deliberately makes them at least a little significant, it will work better.

#50 User is offline   Kerrigan Icon

• The Queen of Blades
  • Icon

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:47 AM

I demand victory the only way to get something is to be very very pushy and disatified.
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth. Act 5 scene V

#51 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:02 AM

Uh, Kerrigan,Xu said he't prorbaly use ALL of the characters in the contest since the number was small, so everybody wins. Cool your jets, OK?

#52 User is offline   Kerrigan Icon

• The Queen of Blades
  • Icon

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:13 AM

My demands have been met I am appeased. You gotta know i'm laughing infront of my monitor. I'm too nice to be like that.
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth. Act 5 scene V

#53 User is offline   Malanthyus Icon

• The Abyss staring back into you.
  • Icon

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:43 PM

Watch this space. ^^

#54 User is offline   CmdrPage Icon

• School over, real life = very yes
  • Icon
  • Interests:In brief:<br />RPGS (Shadowrun, D&amp;D 3rd &amp; 3.5th, Mechwarrior, Star Wars D6, TROS, Earthdawn), Anime, Books, Computer Gaming, CCGs, Books, Anime, Manga, Fencing (tho I'm not very good...), Webcomics (yay!), WH40k, BFG, Books, Music (Mostly Classic Rock / Rush), Anime, Programming, Electronics, the acquisition of information, Sharp Things, Theoretical Physics, Books... umm... I'm sure there's something I've forgotten...<br />oh, yeah. Books. ^_^;;

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

how goes the forum hopping?
Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know
-Inquisitor Czevak

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS/O d- s:+ a-- C++$ UL P+(--) L+ E--- W++@ N- o? K- w+@ !O M-(--) V? PS+ PE Y PGP+ t 5? !X R+(++) !tv b++>+++ DI++(++++) D+ G e++* h !r !y
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

#55 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

Hmm, my mind has reverted Dylana's hair back to green in walking form, but keeps it blond with streaks in battle. Pick how you want to draw her...

#56 User is offline   Malanthyus Icon

• The Abyss staring back into you.
  • Icon

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

Name: Oh, it's you.
Race: half tarrasque/uke
Weaponry: Hands, feet, teeth, cuteness; cape.
class: Minature Collosal Magical Beast.
See Tarrasque
Appearance: Dark brown eyes, and hair. ((kind of like the Haku avatar minus most of the clothing)). "Oh, it's you" only garments are restricted to a massively flowing scarlet draping kind of cape that kind of looks like tentacles occasionally that swirls over his body generally covering the "sensitive" parts. Standing at about 5', a very effeminate figure.
No ones really sure what kind of act of magical lunacy created this creature, but it must have been one hell of a love potion.
Treat "Oh, it's you." as having half the hitpoints, abilities etc of a tarrasque, taking into account the massive size differences.
"Oh, it's you" is a wondering world monster with an extremely low percentage enounter chance. Unlike at least one of his parents, "Oh, it's you" has very high charisma and is extremely attractive to almost everyone. Even stranger he has a sweet temperment and is very friendly to everyone he encounters. Only reacting otherwise when grossly provoked or attacked. This is sadly a frequent occurance do to the fact he posseses several body parts that are extremely useful in magical formula, enchantmants, and artifact crafting.

#57 User is offline   bulmabriefs144 Icon

• Hikikomori for sale!
  • Icon
  • Interests:Not tellin'

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:24 PM

I hope it isn't too late...

Name: Luminaria
Race: Half-celestial (thinks she's human)
Class: Librarian
Weaponry: Expired book
Hair: Brown with maybe some white streaks.
Eyes: White
Build: Lightweight and tall, built like a typical cute librarian.
Other Features: Has small (only to the middle of her back to its edge, and only rise to just below her shoulder) charcoal-grey wings. Her wings can only be seen from behind.
Personality: Very mousy and timid, she was raised by humans so she thinks she's human. She releases her powers when she gets emotional or embarassed (the latter occurs often), though she has no memory after releasing them. She is very absent minded, and forgets her glasses she wears. On the bright side, when it comes to books she has a perfect memory, including the name, Dewey decimal number, and can spew out long passages of text at will (usually causing others to shut her up).
Powers: She can teleport by converting her body into light (this sometimes happens without any warning), heal light wounds, emit light energy in a beam or in a radius around her (leveling buildings), and can extend her wings to fly. Unfortunately, control of her powers (except for the healing and flying, which she can do voluntarily because she thinks it's normal for humans blink.gif ) depend upon the knowledge that she is a half-celestial, and since she doesn't know this, they suddenly come without her being aware of them (threatening massive damage on the countryside.
"All religion, all philosophy, does not provide meaning. It is but the framework for an empty house. An empty house is a prison, but if there is someone to hold you, that house becomes... a home." -兄弟子

#58 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• Timeless Monkey
  • Icon

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

Uh, I'm pretty certain it's too late as Xu said he'd finished most of the NPC comics already.. you might want to e-mail him and see if you can get your character grandfathered in.

#59 User is offline   bizzybody Icon

• Space Viking
  • Icon

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:37 AM

Alas, poor Sabine, died so young... crying.gif

#60 User is offline   Buckeroo Icon

• Creepy Lurker
  • Icon
  • Interests:A little bit of everything, but primarily it's anime, music, and wrestling. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:54 PM

And it's all my NPC's fault for having been a callow youth.

Though aren't all youths immature, inexperienced, untried, etc.? ^_^

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users