The Piggy Farm: Killer robot burninates? - The Piggy Farm

Page 1 of 1

Killer robot burninates?

#1 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, painting, cartoons, anime (a league of its own, surely), comics, internet, peppermint lemonade (can't get enough of it, but can't buy it where I live), ghoulash soup, good food and drink in general, roleplaying, having fun with likeminded people, riding my bicycle as a leisure activity, movies, science fiction, fantasy, spirituality, late and breaking news, music.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:35 PM

... What the heck just happened? Is this supposed to be a slur directed towards apogee or something?

#2 User is offline   MP631 Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

It's been...what? 3 years since I've posted anything in these forums? How many other usernames are there that haven't been deleted after t^x or x(t) of use? Anyway, back to the topic. Love the Portal and Fry's references. All it needs now is a cake that isn't a lie, some cowbell, and Handsome Rob's Aston Martin Vanquish. 41952 points for those who understand my (random) references. 31350 for those who had to look it up.

#3 User is offline   BlessedCheesemakers Icon

• Everything is God knows...
  • Icon

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Aebliss @ Jun 19 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... What the heck just happened? Is this supposed to be a slur directed towards apogee or something?

Apogee is probably intended as a parody of Aperture, from the game Portal. Minami's line "You, subject name here" is from GLaDOS.

#4 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, painting, cartoons, anime (a league of its own, surely), comics, internet, peppermint lemonade (can't get enough of it, but can't buy it where I live), ghoulash soup, good food and drink in general, roleplaying, having fun with likeminded people, riding my bicycle as a leisure activity, movies, science fiction, fantasy, spirituality, late and breaking news, music.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (BlessedCheesemakers @ Jun 22 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Aebliss @ Jun 19 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apogee is probably intended as a parody of Aperture, from the game Portal. Minami's line "You, subject name here" is from GLaDOS.

... I'm still drawing a blank, here. -_-

#5 User is offline   CmdrPage Icon

• School over, real life = very yes
  • Icon
  • Interests:In brief:<br />RPGS (Shadowrun, D&amp;D 3rd &amp; 3.5th, Mechwarrior, Star Wars D6, TROS, Earthdawn), Anime, Books, Computer Gaming, CCGs, Books, Anime, Manga, Fencing (tho I'm not very good...), Webcomics (yay!), WH40k, BFG, Books, Music (Mostly Classic Rock / Rush), Anime, Programming, Electronics, the acquisition of information, Sharp Things, Theoretical Physics, Books... umm... I'm sure there's something I've forgotten...<br />oh, yeah. Books. ^_^;;

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:30 AM

Well, like much of OO, it is referential humor, so probably a tad obscure if you do not have the context. I would recommend playing the game as Portal is a heck of a lot of fun and not that long, but if you do not have the time you could look it up on Wikipedia or something.

QUOTE (MP631 @ Jun 19 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been...what? 3 years since I've posted anything in these forums? How many other usernames are there that haven't been deleted after t^x or x(t) of use?

There is no positive t such that x(t) yields a negative result on the login screen. To my knowledge, disuse does not invalidate user accounts.
Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know
-Inquisitor Czevak

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS/O d- s:+ a-- C++$ UL P+(--) L+ E--- W++@ N- o? K- w+@ !O M-(--) V? PS+ PE Y PGP+ t 5? !X R+(++) !tv b++>+++ DI++(++++) D+ G e++* h !r !y
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

#6 User is offline   Duntada Kun Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (CmdrPage @ Jun 23 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no positive t such that x(t) yields a negative result on the login screen. To my knowledge, disuse does not invalidate user accounts.

I may have just verified that time does not invalidate a user account. I have not been on this board since 2004 and this account still works.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users