• (3 Pages)
  • +

Welcome back to the game

#1 User is offline   Brod Icon

• Veteran Piglet
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

I've been hanging around tsunami channel since the dawn of time (or when i first discovered the world of webcomics). I find it odd that even after 7 years i still lurk around here checking for updates. It looks like my prayers were answered though, and it looks like you have started updating the comic again. I would like to thank you for the past 7 years of both fun and waiting, and as long as you keep the site up, i'll prolly lurk for another 7 years in hopes of seeing Experimental Comic Kotone through. I wish you good luck in your endeavors and look forward to new updates.

#2 User is offline   Akira Hasegawa Icon

• Tsunami Channel
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Manga
    Anime
    Game

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:03 AM

View PostBrod, on 30 August 2010 - 09:23 AM, said:

I've been hanging around tsunami channel since the dawn of time (or when i first discovered the world of webcomics). I find it odd that even after 7 years i still lurk around here checking for updates. It looks like my prayers were answered though, and it looks like you have started updating the comic again. I would like to thank you for the past 7 years of both fun and waiting, and as long as you keep the site up, i'll prolly lurk for another 7 years in hopes of seeing Experimental Comic Kotone through. I wish you good luck in your endeavors and look forward to new updates.

Hope you enjoy the stay ::):
I'm hoping I can continue updating the comic strips.
I'm really hoping I don't get too much workload...

#3 User is offline   Aebliss Icon

• Story Master
  • Icon
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, painting, cartoons, anime (a league of its own, surely), comics, internet, peppermint lemonade (can't get enough of it, but can't buy it where I live), ghoulash soup, good food and drink in general, roleplaying, having fun with likeminded people, riding my bicycle as a leisure activity, movies, science fiction, fantasy, spirituality, late and breaking news, music.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'd like to second that hope. ^^ It's been a long time since we saw regular ExCoKo updates, and I have missed them. These funny strips are a nice way to return to the world you've created, and I hope there will be many more.

#4 User is offline   Satanic_Hamster Icon

• Slayer of Gyros
  • Icon
  • Interests:Music, City of Heroes, and... Stuff. Stuff is good.

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

Holy CRAP.

Why wasn't I informed that Akira was updating again!
Rock, rock on Hamster!

#5 User is offline   Zacc Icon

• Peon
  • Icon
  • Group: Hamthology
  • Interests:Right...

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

Glad to see you updating continuously again, Akira-san! :) I'm ashamed for being a month late in noticing your comeback!

#6 User is offline   SoundStorm Icon

• piglet
  • Icon

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

I too have been around in the day when this started, though I've mostly been a lurker. I still come back every once in a while to check for updates, and I'm glad to see some updates going! Keep up the good work!

#7 User is offline   daymorn Icon

• piglet
  • Icon

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Like the others say (and more eloquently), it's wonderful to see Tsunami Channel updated again! I always forget how much I miss this strip until it comes back. I hope you don't get overwhelmed any time soon at work, Akira, but if you do, I'm sure most of us understand that feeling all too well. We'll wait for you, for as long as you need.

#8 User is offline   Water Icon

• TC Forum Historian
  • Icon
  • Interests:Tsunami Channel. :P

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

I was just poking around in the forum archives and found some amusing foreshadowing in some of Akira's posts. Figured I'd post it in the "welcome back" thread.

Akira @ Tsundere 1, on 29 June 2007, said:

I haven't fully planned out the story yet, so this will be a great challenge for me. I really hope I can get to the ending... Don't be mad at me if I quit at the middle of the story arc, since the probability is about 50-50 chance right now.

View PostAkira Hasegawa, on 03 July 2007 - 10:36 PM, said:

View PostTimp, on 03 July 2007 - 07:16 PM, said:

Ah :-_-;: What chance does a piece of work have if it starts off with the comment "I probably won't finish this one"? Of course, 50 comics is getting back into "Laika-arc" numbers...

Or maybe another hiatus?

It's almost like you planned it this way, Akira! :lol: Well, at least it hasn't come to quitting completely yet. :grin:
drakahn: junichi died in that plane crash didnt he?
XD XD ok ok, so we can hope ne?

Akira: I wish he did too... ^_^;

#9 User is offline   Deamon007 Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

View PostWater, on 22 September 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

It's almost like you planned it this way, Akira! :lol: Well, at least it hasn't come to quitting completely yet. :grin:

Shhh.... Don't give him any ideas

#10 User is offline   shizuku Icon

• samurai piggy
  • Icon

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:20 AM

oh... I was 2 months late in noticing...

Glad to see you back Akira. ::):

#11 User is offline   Water Icon

• TC Forum Historian
  • Icon

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

Holy crap! It's shizuku! ::o: I haven't seen you in years!

Welcome back to all the oldbies too. :grin:

#12 User is offline   Albatross-Minh Icon

• I'm not evil, I tell you!
  • Icon

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:18 AM

Wow. Am I glad I checked the site on a whim.
Has been declared evil by: Fanfan, Julian, Master Frank, Sakami, Liloaznangel, Blobglob, sdeleven, Terra,
Rennette, Allegory_RedStar, Animee, Aurora, Kainy, Kayori, Pericles, Dragonslayer, Pen-kun, jonathan888,
Celestria, PeterDracos, Hhoal, Koko, RoboTek, Buddha_the_God, Shaolang, Totaku, Songblade, c-mind, Senes,
Keiryaku Sakoya, Xuanwu, Wolf, Kinoko-kun, Requiem, Yoko, guyinGodzillasuit, Hoto, Arrnea, raptorwolfchick, and Edward.
If I've forgotten you, or just want to add your voice to the chorus of "Minh is evil", feel free to PM me.

"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what is
I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny." - Jack Handy

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett

#13 User is offline   Water Icon

• TC Forum Historian
  • Icon

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

I'm glad you checked it on a whim too. :grin: Always appreciated your particular brand of humor and brevity. .... Or whatever it is.

#14 User is offline   Sigfried Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

Also checked on a whim.
Still, it feels like I am late. XD

Hope Akira never really tires of drawing.

#15 User is offline   Decagon Icon

• Will work for moe
  • Icon
  • Interests:Cooking. Photoshop. Metaphysics. New experiences. Sleeping.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

Feels like an odd gathering of fate and happenchance here.

#16 User is offline   Dubird Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

Was randomly going through links and discovered updates! *happy dance* I have to say it's nice seeing more of the ExCoKo gang, and I'm totally looking forward to seeing where this goes! ^_^

#17 User is offline   animefanrk2k Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:Stuff~

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

I'd like to say happy new year and glad to see that tsunami channel has gotten some updates in most of our absences. Here's to hoping this next hiatus won't be as long as the last one~~ ^^
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Kyon79 Icon

• piglet
  • Icon
  • Interests:comics (european BD, japanese manga, american graphic novels), good movies, nice traveling places

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Happy New Year !

And congratulations for your pages in 2010 ;-) I'm very happy to see that your little universe hasn't faded away.
Several years after, I also finally managed to start public alpha test of my webcoming hosting/translation tool. You remember, the one with which I proposed myself to translate ExCoKo... four years ago ? No lesson to give about delays, time and stuff, as you can see :-)

- formerly known as iarl (account lost along with my email a long time ago)

#19 User is offline   Carrie Icon

• ninja piggy
  • Icon
  • Interests:Me? I'm heavily into online text based gaming, and computer games. And web comics. Gotta have web comics :)

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

I'm glad to see it back as well. Hope to see more! :) Glad to see more of Shion! (personal fav) :) Hope to see more of Dormitory soon! :) She still gonna be a ghost in this arc? Hopin so. :) Anyway, glad to see new comics again! :)
"Don't let it end this way..."

#20 User is offline   Shin Duelist Paris Icon

• Elemental Hero
  • Icon
  • Interests:Yugioh, Anime, Webcomics, english teaching degree, writing, roleplaying console games

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:04 AM

Thank you very much for coming back Hasegawa Sensei I am very happy to see you once more doing comics. I think it was many years ago that you made that awesome Yugioh Parody I asked for. Thank you you are great and really listen to your fans. If you have the time or feel like drawing parodies again I think a couple things that can be made fun of are Kami no mi zo Shiru Sekai (I think Katsuragi's logic annd method to capture games are a bit questionable/risky) and Yugioh 5DS (Card Games on MotorCycles? What would Yugi Muto Think of such nonsense!) Anyhow I am very happy to see you again I checked the site regularly and had almost lost all hope. But youre back and that makes all of your fans very happy.

Signed:

Paris from Mexico city (PS I will tell all of my friends that your Comic is back they will love it)

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users