The Piggy Farm: Danger, Diversions & Distractions - The Piggy Farm

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Danger, Diversions & Distractions So, what's the other hand up to?

#1 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon
  • Group: Piggy Herder
  • Interests:Chess, Sinophile, 80's pop, books. Runescape, 3D animation, photoshop, art, anime.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

Watching the headline stories for the past few weeks, I have the distinct feeling that the attention of the average man on the street is being deliberately directed in one direction. There are some major stories in the news and some obvious 'grenade' subjects - designed to cause explosions between otherwise peaceful people with differing ideologies.

The real question on my mind is what is all the prestidigitation and hand waving really trying to conceal? I feel like something huge is going on behind the scenes - dunno if it is the final collapse of the US Dollar as reserve currency of the world, or a takeover of the control mechanisms by the real 'powers that be' or what is really happening, but, whatever it is -- I'm sure I will not be happy about it when it finally is exposed.
Every answer has a dozen or so stupid questions leading into it.

Love is the ultimate answer, everything else is just details.

#2 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Acting, Anime, Manga, Japanese, Drawing, Reading, Writing, Badminton, Hockey, Bicycling, Sci-fi, Improvisation... the list goes on.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

Jonathan - I don't have TV or get a newspaper... so just what topics are you referring to? Could you link us a couple YouTube videos or newspaper articles? Or brief us?

Is it more about "The War on Terror" or anything like that? Just what is Obama up to down there? I only go out of my way to read videogame and videogame-related news... and the only stuff I see walking around and on the Subway is local Toronto stuff (and even that's rare... yup I kind of avoid the news).

But your post has me really intrigued!
The only other member of Studio Constancy Roman - AND PROUD OF IT!
Soon, I'll be unveiling my own NEW mullet-styled website.

"The secret of my acting... is that I... pretend to be other people." - Ian McKellan

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"
"They had wings in prehistoric times and then slowly they atrophied."
- Leslie Pool, 10 Items Or Less

#3 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon
  • Interests:Chess, Sinophile, 80's pop, books. Runescape, 3D animation, photoshop, art, anime.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

War in Libya, undeclared 'kinetic actions' in Yemen, riots in Greece, full scale monetization of the treasury bill issuance through immediate buy backs from preferred banks, the Education Dept. of the US conducting no knock dynamic entry SWAT raids on people who may have cheated on student loan apps, TSA attempts to expand control with DHS to malls, train stations, bus depots, sporting events etc... Syrian revolution, Egyptian revolution, Saudi massive crackdowns, currency disruption worldwide, crops being destroyed wholesale in Eurozone, massive flooding in US farmland, Russia warns of food shortages and crop failures. The list goes on and on and on.

#4 User is offline   AnimeCanuck Icon

• SCR Studio Sidekick
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Acting, Anime, Manga, Japanese, Drawing, Reading, Writing, Badminton, Hockey, Bicycling, Sci-fi, Improvisation... the list goes on.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

MMmm... That's a lot more than I was aware of. I did hear about the flooding in the U.S. Hmm... not good in general. Drunken idiots in Vancouver rioting over Stanley Cup loss not a help either.
The only other member of Studio Constancy Roman - AND PROUD OF IT!
Soon, I'll be unveiling my own NEW mullet-styled website.

"The secret of my acting... is that I... pretend to be other people." - Ian McKellan

About pigs...
"They don't fly!"
"They had wings in prehistoric times and then slowly they atrophied."
- Leslie Pool, 10 Items Or Less

#5 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

Stanley cup riots are temporary. Canada isn't in that bad of shape comparatively to be honest. The idiots in the US congress are mostly avoiding doing any real work whilst voting themselves bread and circuses with very few exceptions.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users