• +
  • Last »

Dream Diary assimilation Things seem different this time

#21 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

So Eri keeps trying her hardest, but it's never enough. So far she hasn't been hit with anything SHOCKING or NIGHTMARISH like the others have. Then again, maybe that's part of the point, she could HANDLE monsters or the strange . . . but her subconscious believe that even after becoming a Idol Singer for an entire species she has no accomplishments or has accomplishments she can never actually reach. Still, Eri is a determined girl, even though everyone break eventually, and we've already been told eternity passed the moment they were teleported away . . .

I wonder if like most Otaku, her inner demon is emptiness and isolation.

#22 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

I wonder if the incomplete comic upload is part of the story.

Also I wonder if Eri-chan is having her hopes raised, just so she can fall down and crash. Though it's strange a magical girl the dream world creates seems to be offering her ENCOURAGEMENT and basically giving her advice. Ironically if eternity is happening within one moment, then that means if Eri-Chan can avoid going stark raving mad and then catatonic then just insupportable part of the collective unconsciousness' soup, then she'd literally have eternity to take a level in badass! http://tvtropes.org/...kALevelInBadass

#23 User is offline   Arrnea Icon

• Principles Zealot
  • Icon
  • Interests:Anime, Science, Music

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:24 AM

View PostAlex Warlorn, on 13 October 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

I wonder if the incomplete comic upload is part of the story.

It loads just fine here now, after some earlier issues (which I assume were server-related). Doing that would be rather Meta though.

View PostAlex Warlorn, on 13 October 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

Also I wonder if Eri-chan is having her hopes raised, just so she can fall down and crash. Though it's strange a magical girl the dream world creates seems to be offering her ENCOURAGEMENT and basically giving her advice. Ironically if eternity is happening within one moment, then that means if Eri-Chan can avoid going stark raving mad and then catatonic then just insupportable part of the collective unconsciousness' soup, then she'd literally have eternity to take a level in badass! http://tvtropes.org/...kALevelInBadass

Remember kids, Tropes Are Not Bad (but of course, TVTropes Will Ruin Your Life).

Also, why is she a Combat Communist when the hammer-sickle on her badge has a prohibition sign (albeit backwards) over it? Shouldn't that make her more likely to combat Communists, rather than being a Communist who happens to partake in combat?
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

If this is Eri-Chan's inner most id trying to destroy her, I think she might just have a chance of surviving eternity played out within one moment (maybe). Or if she manages to grasp what the MG is saying, that there are things she can change and things she can't change, she might finally become a MG herself. Since it's interesting this is the first time any of the mental worlds seems don't seem to be attacking her directly and are actually allowing a path for growth. Then again, achieving great power after diving into the heart of your mental world is something MGs do.

#25 User is offline   Arrnea Icon

• Principles Zealot
  • Icon

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

View PostAlex Warlorn, on 20 October 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

If this is Eri-Chan's inner most id trying to destroy her, I think she might just have a chance of surviving eternity played out within one moment (maybe). Or if she manages to grasp what the MG is saying, that there are things she can change and things she can't change, she might finally become a MG herself. Since it's interesting this is the first time any of the mental worlds seems don't seem to be attacking her directly and are actually allowing a path for growth. Then again, achieving great power after diving into the heart of your mental world is something MGs do.

Or it's setting her up with a Hope Spot to crush her utterly when she can't achieve anything no matter how hard she tries.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Arrnea Icon

• Principles Zealot
  • Icon

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

View PostArrnea, on 14 October 2011 - 04:24 AM, said:

Also, why is she a Combat Communist when the hammer-sickle on her badge has a prohibition sign (albeit backwards) over it? Shouldn't that make her more likely to combat Communists, rather than being a Communist who happens to partake in combat?

And the comic answers my question.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

And the faux red head accepts a moment of pride from her native culture rather than pinning for an ideal of another culture.

#28 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Well, Eri-chan, or rather, Ellie James, seems to have found that spark of magical girl power that her kind posses as a rule (since she had the system set to 'random' we have no idea the limits or definition of her abilities, let alone how she activates her costume change or what offensive abilities she has), where entering the lower depths of her mind only makes them unbreakable and MORE powerful.

Also, it's rather obvious that Eeichi has just been fed a JUST ENOUGH convincing enough lie to lower HIS defenses. Because of the three girls' minds have been absorbed into this world, that means they ARE this world, so by lowering his defenses and letting them in, he's letting that world in to get assimilated himself! And why? Simple, if those three have become one with that world, that means that it would KNOW to change tactics with him!

Also, Ellie (since it seems incorrect to call her Eri-Chan at this point since like any magical girl she's finally showing some signs of GROWING UP), is likely to encounter the three girls as well (likely at the same time). WHY? Because if their minds have been absorbed by that world it means they ARE that world, which means that they are EVERYWHERE AT ONCE, and plus it being a mental world, and themselves no longer being bound by things like reason or sanity, they don't have to play by the rules! They can be in any many places at once as they want!

Also, retrieving them, IMHO, is a futile effort, it would be like trying to scoop up three colors drops form a rainbow ocean that is constantly twisting and turning, you can scoop up three drops, but the chances are pretty much infinite to one (if THAT) that you'll ever get THOSE three drops!

On the plus side . . . at least they're HAPPY! That's one good thing out of that mess. And considering how their chances of returning home were pretty much zero at this point anyway, it's better than nothing.

After Eeichi conscious mind is completely shattered leaving only his subconscious part of the collective unconscious, I can imagine the four of them going after the man being protected by Anubis. Leaving Ellie (again Eri-Chan doesn't feel right now that she's finally maturing) to finally awaken as a TRUE magical girl (opposed to those murdering tyrant thugs she got her power from), and . . .

Pull a Madoka.

"I'll trample any rule in my way that says that I can't!"

#29 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

Another thing to consider, Anubis said that time had no meaning, so all of this has already happened by the time Anubis explains all this.

I wonder if the four of them will appear to Ellie next, or rather, at the same time to bring her psyche into the collective unconscious.

#30 User is offline   Arrnea Icon

• Principles Zealot
  • Icon

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostAlex Warlorn, on 22 November 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

Another thing to consider, Anubis said that time had no meaning, so all of this has already happened by the time Anubis explains all this.

I wonder if the four of them will appear to Ellie next, or rather, at the same time to bring her psyche into the collective unconscious.

Accompanied by them congratulating her profusely for no apparent reason, perhaps?
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

View PostArrnea, on 24 November 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

Accompanied by them congratulating her profusely for no apparent reason, perhaps?

It was not for no apparent reason in Evangelion. Shinji finally got over himself and opened up to people and came out of his shell.

#32 User is offline   Arrnea Icon

• Principles Zealot
  • Icon

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

View PostAlex Warlorn, on 25 November 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

View PostArrnea, on 24 November 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

It was not for no apparent reason in Evangelion. Shinji finally got over himself and opened up to people and came out of his shell.

I know, but a Shout Out to Evangelion need not go into the same justification.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

That I can agree on.

Sorry if I'm just repeating myself here next, I tend to do that a lot when I'm excited:

Might still be interesting if Ellie ends up pulling a Madoka and using her eternity in a moment to become the ultimate magical girl with a eternity to 'take a level' in bad ass. After all, a journey to the center of the mind is always when a magical girl becomes more powerful.

Either way, given the nature of this particular world, I hope the users don't just brush themselves off and move on, I HOPE that you can't turn hamburger back into the cow.

Because if the three girls are absorbed into the world, that means the dude ain't letting THEM in, he's letting the mental world in past his defenses!

And if this place really is based off of Yume Nikki, that means the chances for a way to win are close to nill unless someone downloaded the 'alternate ending' patch where Madoka finally leaves her room.

And I like I've been saying, I'm eager to see the three appear not only to our resident dude, but also to Ellie and Anubis and people in their dreams. They're no longer human, and aren't bound by rules like time and space, and can appear to everyone at the same time!

#34 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

FINALLY! After two weeks with no new comics we finally see the story progress again! I seriously doubt everything is as it appears to be.

The mind is nothing, if not adaptive, and everything to me seems to suggest the mental world simply has simply taken a new approach. The girls' attitudes simply aren't right, even for new loving devoted, everything feels scripted. I think the mental world needed a sample of his spiritual essence, and now they got it from him.

Besides, I don't see how 'shielding' them from the mental world would make a difference at this point since they were all driven completely insane whether they're connected to the rest of the mental world or not. It's clear they know what's happened and happening so the memories aren't gone either.

#35 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Well, this either means someone is pulling the 'give pain to wake them up from dreamland' or his psychosis has finally found an opening.

#36 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

Well this is decidedly turning very interesting. I wonder where this is going. :D :D :D :D :D I wonder if the girls' image change any further here. This is decidedly becoming fun!

#37 User is offline   Arrnea Icon

• Principles Zealot
  • Icon

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

View PostAlex Warlorn, on 15 December 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

Well this is decidedly turning very interesting. I wonder where this is going. :D :D :D :D :D I wonder if the girls' image change any further here. This is decidedly becoming fun!

Maybe he's just a masochist?
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

I somehow doubt he's into pain. Unless the love of his life, the one person who given him meaningful intercourse is trying to invade the collective subconscious from where she was getting her ultimate desire to make out with a PLANET.

I still find it interesting that Elly is the one person who managed to achieve GROWTH from diving into her inner self. Let's hope she can do what is the core of those who like the STORIES of Magical Girls opposed to just the cute characters, and conquer herself, rather than herself conquering her. Even if she'll have to face reality and leave her foster sister and the vast majority of her companions behind, again.

I can imagine Elly (no longer really Eri-Chan), after this quest is over, to finally say "I wanna go home." I see it as a sort of a zen thing, you can't achieve TRUE hero-hood if hero-hood is simply your end goal.

#39 User is offline   Arrnea Icon

• Principles Zealot
  • Icon

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

View PostAlex Warlorn, on 21 December 2011 - 11:42 PM, said:

I can imagine Elly (no longer really Eri-Chan), after this quest is over, to finally say "I wanna go home." I see it as a sort of a zen thing, you can't achieve TRUE hero-hood if hero-hood is simply your end goal.

She could say that, but then she could realise that her friends need her help to get home too... and go out with a Heroic Sacrifice to get them there, a la Sam Beckett in Quantum Leap.
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   Alex Warlorn Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Interesting idea.

I still find it interesting that in a realm meant to tear her to shreds, she had finally shown signs of MATURING.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users