• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Damn, I've aged quite a bit.

#1 User is offline   Somelazybum Icon

• EL FISTO GRANDE!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Anime, Games, Webmaking, Sleeping, Eating, And the offensiveness of innovative websites. A lot more things but I'm lazy.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

Lost my hair, lost some weight, got a girlfriend, starting a business and getting ready to start the transfer to university and getting an apartment with a possible house in a year or two.

Damn I feel old.
"So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinkin' job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered down Tang and still-frozen PopTart, get in my car -- with no upholstery, no gas and six more payments -- to fight traffic, just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be, are still out there, being what we don't wanna be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun to my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner!"---- Al Bundy

#2 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon
  • Group: Piggy Herder
  • Interests:Chess, Sinophile, 80's pop, books. Runescape, 3D animation, photoshop, art, anime.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

LOL - welcome to the grind, good luck out there. In just a little while you'll be at your 20th high school reunion, going "Dang, what happened"?.
Every answer has a dozen or so stupid questions leading into it.

Love is the ultimate answer, everything else is just details.

#3 User is offline   Somelazybum Icon

• EL FISTO GRANDE!!!!
  • Icon
  • Interests:Anime, Games, Webmaking, Sleeping, Eating, And the offensiveness of innovative websites. A lot more things but I'm lazy.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

View Postjonathan888, on 29 December 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

LOL - welcome to the grind, good luck out there. In just a little while you'll be at your 20th high school reunion, going "Dang, what happened"?.

When I go to my 20th high school reunion, I'm going to tell them with pride that I'm the flea man.
"So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinkin' job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered down Tang and still-frozen PopTart, get in my car -- with no upholstery, no gas and six more payments -- to fight traffic, just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be, are still out there, being what we don't wanna be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun to my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner!"---- Al Bundy

#4 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon
  • Interests:Chess, Sinophile, 80's pop, books. Runescape, 3D animation, photoshop, art, anime.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Carry a jar with you that has little black specks in it when you tell them that - fear the jar, FEAR IT!

#5 User is offline   Somelazybum Icon

• EL FISTO GRANDE!!!!
  • Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

Moved into the apartment. Still trying to get things settled. It kinda sucks.

#6 User is offline   AnRedAxel Icon

• piggy
  • Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Posting in an epic thread.

Also, I understand.
Why do people seem so... oblivious to the destruction that is waiting to engulf them? Has it happened so often that they are numb to the devastation, the smell of death and the ever changing skyline? Has society descended so far into the abyss that people accept evil as something that just happens?

#7 User is offline   Baby Jimmy Icon

• Travailing down a wide highway with no destination in mind
  • Icon
  • Interests:Interests? You want me to give my life away!!?
    Next thing you want is my SS number too Right???
    ^__^

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Your preaching to the choir over here. I know it sucks. Paying bills and working for a living sucks. =)

Good luck in your adventures.
~Brian
Where Insanity is Reality!

Ink Pens at the art store - $5 on debit Card...
Paper to go with the ink pens - $9 in debit card
Having the nerve to call myself an artist - Priceless ^__^

Elwood Blues: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

#8 User is offline   Kayori-kun Icon

• Supporting Cast
  • Icon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Uho, me too! Also, it really seems like the US still has a tumultuous economy, doesn't it? Gotta get whatever job you can find.

Old people! Seriously!

#9 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

everyone gets old, some people grow up too

#10 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• 7 is Lucky When Swords are involved.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Everything I like.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

i will never grow up all the way.

#11 User is offline   Somelazybum Icon

• EL FISTO GRANDE!!!!
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

View Postjonathan888, on 29 February 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

everyone gets old, some people grow up too

It's not bad to age. With age comes new insights and wisdom. Now if you choose to accept them, that's the question for most people.

#12 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Accept nothing! Deny everything - plausible deniability. :;): :lol:

#13 User is offline   mirri Icon

• ginger
  • Icon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

As it is now I really love aging. It's fun to see myself mature, even though people still think I'm 19.

Though I would really like to have someone to give some loving to. My longterm boyfriend dumped me as I were preparing to propose! Well, that's life and all! :rolleyes: I still want to get married and have a family of my own and all that. Just have to see what life brings me! I'm kinda looking forward to it! An adventure!

#14 User is offline   Fierala Icon

• amused
  • Icon
  • Group: Singapore

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

OMG SLB is growing up...

Dang I've been away too long. It sure is nice to see familiar names around here :)
What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel! 'Cause you have never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath.
And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.
-From Equilibrium (2002)
"Patience and persistence are vital qualities in the ultimate successful accomplishment of any worthwhile endeavor." ~ Joseph Pilates

#15 User is offline   Somelazybum Icon

• EL FISTO GRANDE!!!!
  • Icon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostFierala, on 06 March 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

OMG SLB is growing up...

Dang I've been away too long. It sure is nice to see familiar names around here :)

You get out of my topic! SHOO SHOO! *grabs a broom*

We don't need people who abandoned the pigs!

#16 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Be nice to my Fierala! She has been back here more times in the interim than many, including you.

#17 User is offline   Somelazybum Icon

• EL FISTO GRANDE!!!!
  • Icon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Postjonathan888, on 07 March 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

Be nice to my Fierala! She has been back here more times in the interim than many, including you.

But my broom needs to shoo people away otherwise it gets cobwebs.

#18 User is offline   PenPen Icon

• The Redeemer
  • Icon
  • Interests:Har.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Being old is weird and overrated. I liked being lazy.
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. "I don't much care where-" said Alice "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

#19 User is offline   mirri Icon

• ginger
  • Icon

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Ah, someone who's younger than me!

#20 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

I like being weird and overrated. Hi Pen.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users