• Neko Kami Sama
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cats, Gnosticism, Meowing. :3

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Hi. :3

So, it's been like, years and years since I've been here, how is everyone? :3
"The only thing more uncertain than the future is the past." - Old Proverb

"If we could travel into the past, it's mind-boggling what would be possible. For one thing, history would become an experimental science, which it certainly isn't today. The possible insights into our own past and nature and origins would be dazzling. I have no idea whether it's possible, but it's certainly worth exploring." - Carl Sagan

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." - Max Planck (German Theoretical Physicist who originated Quantum Theory, 1858-1947)

#2 User is offline   Somelazybum Icon

• EL FISTO GRANDE!!!!
  • Icon
  • Interests:Anime, Games, Webmaking, Sleeping, Eating, And the offensiveness of innovative websites. A lot more things but I'm lazy.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostEteponge, on 28 December 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

Hi. :3

So, it's been like, years and years since I've been here, how is everyone? :3

Old
"So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinkin' job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered down Tang and still-frozen PopTart, get in my car -- with no upholstery, no gas and six more payments -- to fight traffic, just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be, are still out there, being what we don't wanna be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun to my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner!"---- Al Bundy

#3 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon
  • Group: Piggy Herder
  • Interests:Chess, Sinophile, 80's pop, books. Runescape, 3D animation, photoshop, art, anime.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

And fat. :)

Long time no see, how's life & everything?
Every answer has a dozen or so stupid questions leading into it.

Love is the ultimate answer, everything else is just details.

#4 User is offline   Eteponge Icon

• Neko Kami Sama
  • Icon

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

I'm doing great! I wish the Piggy Farm would return to it's former glory, when many people posted, and many active webcomics were a part of it, drawing many people in. We should try to bring it back to that. :3

"If we could travel into the past, it's mind-boggling what would be possible. For one thing, history would become an experimental science, which it certainly isn't today. The possible insights into our own past and nature and origins would be dazzling. I have no idea whether it's possible, but it's certainly worth exploring." - Carl Sagan

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." - Max Planck (German Theoretical Physicist who originated Quantum Theory, 1858-1947)

#5 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• 7 is Lucky When Swords are involved.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Everything I like.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:51 AM

the internet has moved on without this place mainly.

#6 User is offline   Eteponge Icon

• Neko Kami Sama
  • Icon

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostTC7, on 05 January 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

the internet has moved on without this place mainly.

Perhaps it should evolve too then?

#7 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

not a bad idea

#8 User is offline   CykotiC_Jester Icon

• Lone boar and piglet.
  • Icon

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hey Ete and all!

I'm still here, so I guess 'surviving' is the best answer to your question. I guess the problem with the suggestion of the forum evolving is how exactly it should evolve to actually boost the community. I know DeadAlready and I 'came back' because we wanted somewhere to run our own little roleplay without hassle and were still in communication outside the forum. The interesting thing for me is the way I see people now and then returning after years away just to see what's come of the board and to put up something just to say they came through. But they rarely stay. Besides DA, BloodAngel (My partner) and TC7, I don't believe I have any other forms of contact with any old members here, which is a shame.

(Deadalready) They say power corrupts, just trying to work out where we'd notice a difference with you :P

Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Aliene, geisteskrank, insano, elnebajos, vansinnig, fou, atamagoakashii, gek, dolzinnig, hulla, gilla, meschuge, nebun, dement, insane.

The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first. - Tom McCourt, Stephen King's 'Cell'

Creedy: Why won't you die!?
V: Beneath this mask there is more then flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mister Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof! - V for Vendetta.
O, what may man within him hide, though angel on the outward side! - Shakespeare

Serial killers look just like everyone else.
Don't we? - Naked Zombie streetware.

#9 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

thats life

#10 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon
  • Interests:Chess, Sinophile, 80's pop, books. Runescape, 3D animation, photoshop, art, anime.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

It's forums in general - everyone is into blogging or vcasting instead of forum participation. About the only forums that get heavily used anymore from what I see are hobby forums like games, RC or shooting groups.

pOnju was famous in the day for being an amateur comic forum - without active comics we aren't bringing the people. Webcomics have declined too, so there's another trend against.

#11 User is offline   Eteponge Icon

• Neko Kami Sama
  • Icon

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

One thing that diminished this place's once high population is simply the passing of time. The majority of old posters from ponju's glory days who joined in 2001, 2002, 2003, etc, were typically in the age ranges of middle school, high school, college, etc, and typically had more time on their hands. Those posters now are obviously post-college age, focused on careers, getting married, having kids, having greater responsibilities, and simply having changes of online interests as they grew older.

Now the current online generation within that age range do not share the same online interests that the initial ponju generation of 10-ish years ago did.

So, if there is a way to evolve the Piggy Farm, it would need to adjust to that.

#12 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

A complete generationshift is needed with out losing what it is to be ponju.

#13 User is offline   Baby Jimmy Icon

• Travailing down a wide highway with no destination in mind
  • Icon
  • Interests:Interests? You want me to give my life away!!?
    Next thing you want is my SS number too Right???
    ^__^

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hello... Well these days I lurk around. I have other obligations now that keeps me away these days. I do get an opportunity to peek back into the world of ponju (big echoey room these days *hello hello hello hello*). Just to see what is going on these days. It is a first love to me and I will occasionally come back to see if it is still online. =D
~Brian
Where Insanity is Reality!

Ink Pens at the art store - $5 on debit Card...
Paper to go with the ink pens - $9 in debit card
Having the nerve to call myself an artist - Priceless ^__^

Elwood Blues: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

#14 User is offline   Rooboodude Icon

• On The Quest for a Soul, One Faces Many Hardships..
  • Icon
  • Interests:Finding a real life.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

I still regularly visit the forums and read up on what's going on, I just don't have a whole lot to say to contribute, and although I'd love to do some LWRP and HWRP, I just don't have the time I can guarantee a committed effort.
Ye know, I just don't know what to put here anymore. I just don't want a reference to a children's show that I hated, and a horrible politician who couldn't run a liquor store, let alone a country.

Cynicism. Good for the soul. Sometimes.

#15 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm glad Henry still has the largess to keep pOnju alive. I keep wondering when the curtain will fall.

#16 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

how much does it cost to keep this place going?

#17 User is offline   jonathan888 Icon

• Qi tao
  • Icon

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

I dunno, when Henry talked about it last, years ago, it was running him over 50 a month for hosting, but I'm sure with traffic down costs have dropped.

#18 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

if it was 50 still i doubt it would still be running.

#19 User is offline   Eteponge Icon

• Neko Kami Sama
  • Icon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

As Facebook seems to be the main medium everyone connects on nowadays (since message forums and IRC appear to be largely a thing of the past), over the past few years I've looked up some of my old pOnju buddies on there from time to time to attempt to reconnect as friends. Some have added me, and we've had good contact. A few however, ironically those who were my absolute bestest friends on here back in the day, ignored and rejected my friends requests and my warm "Hello! How are you doing, how've you been? :D" message. Well, one at least had the courtesy of responding, "No, sorry.", to my friends request and my "Hello, how've you been? :D".

Truly, I don't think I can ever really understand that jerk attitude. How someone can be a very close friend online for many years, then you try to reconnect with them years later, and it's all, "No, sorry, you're beneath me now", "You're not worthy enough to even speak to me", "I'm beyond you now", sort of attitude you get in response. Well, with two of them, I can't even get a simple response from.

*Shudders* Please slap me if I ever become a cold jerk like that to any old ponju friend.

#20 User is offline   TC7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

i have had that done to me. its a shame.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users